The thirty-five-year-old British driver, Lewis Hamilton from England, is a seven-time world champion (2008, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020) tied with great Michael Schumacher. Hamilton won his first title with McLaren in 2008 before moving to Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport team. He is the highest-paid sportsman in Formula One history. According to Forbes, he has banked US$489 million in career earnings. According to the reports, Hamilton made US$57 million from his Mercedes contract in 2019 from salaries and bonuses. Hamilton’s net worth ranges between US$285 million to US$340 million. Let us look at his luxurious lifestyle and assets.
In 2019, Hamilton had bought a US$40 million penthouse in Manhattan, New York City. Hamilton listed his purchase, a five-bedroom apartment in Tribeca, for US$57 million. He also owns a Victorian mansion in London and an apartment in Monaco, the city-state he calls home.
Being the lead Formula One driver for the Mercedes AMG has its perks as Hamilton has driven top-of-the-line cars from the premium carmaker. Hamilton has driven various premium cars ranging from the AMG Project One to the AMG G63 six-wheel drive, but we reckon the crown jewel of his Mercedes collection is the sleek Maybach 6.
Hamilton has also bought fine machines made by Mercedes’ fiercest competitors -Ferrari’s Laferrari Aperta and Coupe. The racing champion also owns a lineup of the best racing bikes such as the Yamaha R1 and Ducati Monster 1200. He also owns the exclusive Pagani Zonda and a vintage Shelby Cobra 427.
The F1 champion owns a Bombardier Challenger 605 private jet. The jet is worth $16.5million. The registration number of his jet is G-LDCH, which stands for Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton.
Hamilton also has lucrative sponsorship deals with various brands. Forbes estimated that a combination of these brands netted him an additional £15 million on top of his Mercedes salary in 2019. Let us look at his endorsement deals:
1. IWC – IWC, a premium watch manufacturer, has been the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport team’s official engineering partner since 2013. IWC presented the “Lewis Hamilton” Big Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Calendar Edition in 2019.
2. Monster Energy Drinks – Monster Energy, an energy drink introduced by Hansen Natural Company (now Monster Beverage Corporation), signed a partnership deal with F1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton in March 2017 to release a signature energy drink together.
3. L’Oreal – Lewis Hamilton is L’Oreal’s brand ambassador. In April 2016, the company launched its first advertising campaign with its brand ambassador, Lewis Hamilton.
4. Bose – Bose, an audio equipment company, signed Lewis Hamilton as its brand ambassador. He has often been seen wearing Bose headphones.
5. Puma – Lewis Hamilton became the face of 24/7, PUMA’s men’s training campaign in 2017.
6. MV Agusta Motorcycles – MV Agusta Motorcycles, an Italian motorcycle manufacturer, collaborated with Lewis Hamilton in May 2018 to launch the Brutale 800 RR, the next bike in the lineup of LH44 limited-edition motorcycles.
7. Bombardier Recreational Products – Lewis Hamilton is the face of Bombardier Recreational Products, a Canadian company that manufactures recreational vehicles. He also owns a Bombardier Challenger 605 private jet.
8. Sony – Lewis Hamilton endorses Sony, a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation.
9. Gran Turismo – Gran Turismo, a series of racing simulation video games developed by Polyphony Digital, has made Lewis Hamilton its company’s face.
10. Tommy Hilfiger – Tommy Hilfiger, an American premium clothing brand, signed Lewis Hamilton as its global brand ambassador in March 2018 for its Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, and Tommy Hilfiger Menswear, Underwear and Swimwear.
11. Vodafone – Lewis Hamilton added the telecom Vodafone to his endorsement portfolio this year.
12. Police – Lewis Hamilton is also the face of Police, an Italian brand of fashion accessories.