Full Name: Fernando Alonso Diaz
Age: 39 (29th July, 1981)
Place of birth: Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
Current team: Alpine Renault Formula One
Salary as driver: $20M (according to GQ)
Salary as endorsements: $1M (according to Essentially Sports)
First F1 appearance: Australian Grand Prix in March 2001 with Minardi (team-mate: Tarso Marquez)
First F1 race win: Hungarian Grand Prix in August 2003 with Renault
First F1 World Championship win: 2005 season with Renault
Kimoa: Fernando Alonso is known for sporting some really cool sunglasses, designed specifically for him by Kimoa. Alonso founded the company in March 2017 and regularly sports its merchandise.
Finetwork: In February of this year, Alonso announced that he will be repping Finetwork, a Spanish fibre and mobile operator. Finetwork has been making waves in Spain, having positioned itself as a cheap and reliable network. Alonso joins the Spanish Football Federation in signing up with Finetwork.
RAW Superdrink: Alonso has joined RAW Superdrink, an isotonic sports drink, as an ambassador and shareholder. This was his first sponsorship announcement since the news of his big return was broken by Alpine F1.
Bang & Olufsen: Alonso linked up with Bang & Olufsen, a consumer electronics product company, in 2020. As a part of this partnership, B&O will sell limited editions electronics goods signed by Fernando Alonso.
Adidas: Fernando Alonso tied up with Adidas in 2017 in a mega deal. He has been wearing and promoting Adidas merchandise ever since, with the 2021 season expected to see this deal continue.
Amazon Prime video: Amazon has linked up with Fernando Alonso to create a sports documentary with the driver, chronicling his life and professional career.
Indy 500 sponsors: While racing in Indy 500, Fernando Alonso struck sponsorship deals with Progressive, Richard Mille, Bell Sports, Duelit, 226ers, Mission Foods, Ruoff Mortgage and Lucas Oil Products.
Formula One World driver’s championship: 2 times (2005, 2006)
Formula One World Constructor’s championship: 2 times (2005, 2006)
Autosport racing driver award: 1 time (2006)
Other ventures and activism:
- Fernando Alonso Kart, in conjunction with Original Tony Kart, produces karting cars for young kids looking to have some fun racing a high quality automobile fit for their age. It is also used by kids looking to enter into the racing world by competing in go karting events.
- Alonso established an eSports racing team in 2017 called FA Racing G2 Logitech G. The team dissolved in 2018 and then joined forces with FA Racing and Veloce Esports in 2019.
- Fernando Alonso was a 2005 UNICEF Goodwill ambassador. In this role, Alonso promoted India’s efforts to eradicate polio in 2011 and hand washing with soap to school children in 2012. He also supports UNICEF’s anti-cyber bullying campaign in November 2017.
- Alonso is the majority shareholder and founder of Kimoa, a clothing and merchandise company. Alonso also became a shareholder in RAW Superdrink, an isotonic sports drink company.
- Alonso has featured in the Forbes Celebrity 100 list twice, in 2008 and 2017.