Shah Rukh Khan often referred to as the King of Bollywood has won millions of hearts with his romantic movies and has also been the advertisers’ favorite since the 1990s.
Over the years, he has worked with various brands across categories ranging from sports to Pan Masala. His strong charismatic personality has led him to become the Bollywood industry’s most significant star make. He is also one of the most recalled personalities in the advertisement world.
According to Duff & Phelps ‘Celebrity Brand Valuation Study 2019’, SRK’s brand value stood at $66.1 million. He was ranked fifth last year. Since his movie Zero in 2018, he hasn’t been seen on the big screen but is evergreen in the brand verse. The actor’s journey will always continue to inspire a lot of people, especially the budding actors. Let us look at his career endorsements.
1. Dish TV – Dish TV roped in Shah Rukh khan in 2007, three years after its launch. The brand endorsement deal with Khan was last renewed in 2016 for two years.
2. ICICI – ICICI signed Shah Rukh Khan for its MSME digital banking platform InstaBIZ this year as its brand ambassador.
3. Kent – Kent signed Shah Rukh Khan for its security solutions products this year as its brand ambassador.
4. Mitsubishi Air Conditioners – Mitsubishi Air Conditioners signed Shah Rukh Khan this year as its brand ambassador.
5. V-Nourish – V-Nourish, the child nutrition supplement, signed Shah Rukh Khan this year as its brand ambassador.
6. Goibibo – Shah Rukh Khan was a part of Goibibo’s Indian Premier League campaign. The actor was not a brand ambassador for the travel services app, but he represented the company in the ad commercials.
7. Hyundai – Shah Rukh Khan, has been the face of Hyundai, a car manufacturer, for nearly two decades. He started his stint in 1998 at Hyundai Motors by becoming the company’s ambassador of Santro. The actor started with representing Santro, but over the years, the star has been the face of the other products of Hyundai Motors India.
8. Byju’s – Byju’s signed in Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassador in 2017.
9. BigBasket – BigBasket, a grocery delivery app is associated with Shah Rukh Khan since 2015. The actor is its brand ambassador.
10. Liberty Shoes – Shah Rukh Khan, the king of romance and hearts, got his first endorsement deal in 1988 with Liberty Shoes.
11. Pepsico – Pepsico and Shah Rukh Khan were associated since 1996. The actor was the brand ambassador of the company. They have given some of the best advertisements, whether it’s the ‘Oye Bubly’ campaign or ‘Aah, Ye Dil Maange More’ campaign. The partnership deal ended in 2009, after an association of over 13 years.
12. Frooti –Shah Rukh Khan signed a bond with Frooti in 2013 and has done multiple TV campaigns to promote it.
13. LUX – Hindustan Lever’s Lux brand is associated with Shah Rukh Khan for a long time. He is its brand ambassador. The actor has done many TV commercials for the company, some standalone and some with his Bollywood colleagues. Among all the advertisements that he has done, the most popular was when Bollywood’s leading ladies assisted the superstar into a bathtub.
14. Denver – Denver signed up Shah Rukh Khan to endorse its deodorant range of products. The actor supported Denver Deodorant in various marketing and promotional campaigns.
15. Airtel – Shah Rukh Khan was the face of the Airtel network way before Reliance Jio was anywhere on the horizon. The actor stands to be the only celebrity to have endorsed two competing network brands.
16. LML – LML, formerly Lohia Machines Ltd., a defunct Indian scooter and motorcycle manufacturer, was associated with Shah Rukh Khan. The actor was its brand ambassador. He did various commercials for the company.
17. Foodpanda – An e-commerce, global food delivery marketplace, Foodpanda roped in Shah Rukh Khan for campaigns online and offline.
18. Emami Fair and Handsome – Shah Rukh Khan did various ad commercials for Emami Fair and Handsome. He received a backlash about the message the brand was trying to endorse. However, the product went on to be a huge success regardless of the negative media attention. The actor also did a few commercials for Emami’s Navratan oil and talc. He also represented Emami’s Sona Chandi Chavanprash in ad commercials.
19. Nokia – Shah Rukh Khan became Nokia’s brand ambassador in 2013.
20. Cinthol – Shah Rukh Khan’s first breakthrough commercial was with the lime-based Cinthol soap advertisement, co-starring his wife, Gauri Khan. The ad was released in 1993-94.
21. Royal Stag – Shah Rukh Khan became Royal Stag’s brand ambassador in 2010.
22. Sunfeast – ITC Limited appointed Shah Rukh Khan as the brand ambassador for its flagship brand ‘Sunfeast’ in 2013.
23. Pan Vilas – Shah Rukh Khan signed a deal for Rs 20 crore in 2014 to promote Pan Vilas.
24. TAG Heuer – Shah Rukh Khan became TAG Heuer’s brand ambassador in 2003.
25. Whirlpool – Shah Rukh Khan was the brand ambassador of Whirpool.
26. Nerolac – Shah Rukh Khan was appointed as Nerolac’s brand ambassador in 2010.
27. Vi-John – Shah Rukh Khan was appointed as Vi-John’s brand ambassador in 2015.
28. Reliance Jio – Shah Rukh Khan was appointed as Reliance Jio ’s brand ambassador in 2016.
29. Videocon – Shah Rukh Khan was the brand ambassador of Videocon.
30. Aqualite footwear – Aqualite footwear roped in Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassador in 2015.
31. Signature – Shah Rukh Khan has also represented the Signature brand.
32. Top Ramen Curry Smoodles – Shah Rukh was seen in some Top Ramen Curry Smoodles commercials.
33. Home Trade – Shah Rukh Khan has endorsed Home Trade, fast-moving financial goods company.
34. Yepme – Yepme roped in Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassador in 2014.
35. PharmEasy – Shah Rukh Khan has also endorsed PharmEasy.
36. Mayur Suitings – Mayur Suitings roped in Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassador in 1994.
37. DHFL – Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Limited (DHFL), a housing finance company, roped in Shah Rukh Khan in 2014.
38. Pepsodent – Hindustan Unilever roped in Shah Rukh Khan to promote its flagship oral care brand Pepsodent in 2010.
39. Matrix ForEx – Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla were seen representing Matrix Forex Card in 2012.
40. Belmonte – S. Kumars Nationwide Limited (SKNL) appointed Shah Rukh Khan as the brand ambassador for its brand, Belmonte in 2007.
41. Jet Airways – Shah Rukh Khan was seen in a Jet Kids commercial as Don. The actor was roped in as additional director of Jet Airways in 2006.
42. Genus Power – Genus Power roped in Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassador in 2013.
43. Linc Pen – Linc Pen roped in Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassador in 2008.
44. Gitanjali Jewels – Gitanjali Group appointed Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassador in 2011.
45. Mahagun – Mahagun India, a real estate developer in Delhi NCR, roped in Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassador in 2012.
46. Colgate Palmolive – Shah Rukh Khan became Colgate Palmolive’s brand ambassador in 2009.
47. Sprite – Shah Rukh Khan became Sprite’s brand ambassador in 2009.
48. Tata Tea – Shah Rukh Khan became Tata Tea’s brand ambassador in 2013.
49. Hewlett Packard – Shah Rukh Khan endorsed Compaq Presario, the brand from Hewlett Packard (HP), in 2006.
50. Diageo’s Masterstroke – Diageo Radico Distilleries appointed Shah Rukh Khan as brand ambassador for its premium product Masterstroke in 2007.
51. Omega – Before endorsing TAG Heuer, Shah Rukh Khan was the brand ambassador of Omega.
52. D’décor – Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri Khan are endorsers of D’Decor Home Fabrics Pvt. Ltd., a curtain and upholstery fabric producer.
53. ONN Premium Inners – Shah Rukh Khan became ONN Premium Inners’ brand ambassador in 2013.
54. Hero Punch Power– Hero Punch Power roped in Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassador in 1981.
Shah Rukh Khan has represented various resorts, sports leagues, and Indian states. He represented the live entertainment theatre and leisure destination Kingdom of Dreams (2010), Force India, the Formula One racing team (2007), the Champions League Twenty20 annual international cricket competition (2011), the state of West Bengal (2011), and film complex Prayag Film City in Chandrakona, West Bengal (2012).
Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing collaborated with Shah Rukh Khan for a year-long campaign in 2016. The campaign aimed to encourage SRK’s fans to explore the city of Dubai.
The actor has also represented various governmental campaigns, like ‘National AIDS Control Organization’ and the ‘Pulse Polio immunization campaign,’ established in 1995.