Here, we have a profile for Mesut Özil that details information about his playing career, his sponsors/brand endorsements, investments, charity work, and life achievements
Full Name: Mesut Özil
Date of Birth: October 15, 1988
Place of Birth: Gelsenkirchen, West Germany
Current Club: Fenerbahçe SK
Mesut Özil‘s Salary: ₺10,60,000
Mesut Özil’s Net Worth: US$120 million (According to Sportskeeda)
First senior club appearance: August 12, 2006 v Eintracht Frankfurt
First senior international appearance: February 11, 2009 v Norway
Mesut Özil’s Sponsors and Endorsements
Mercedes-Benz, Beats by Dr Dre, Cyrus Genève
Mercedes-Benz tied down the former Arsenal midfielder in 2016. The agreement required Özil to act as a brand ambassador for the company. This was a significant move for the company, which had also in place a sponsorship deal with the German men’s national team. As a German automobile manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz securing a German star as one of its ambassadors was a massive push for the company.
Beats by Dr Dre
Özil and Beats came together to sign a deal in 2017. Mesut was not the only footballer to sign an agreement with the American audio products manufacturer, as he made appearances in Beats adverts along with Harry Kane and Neymar. Özil also posted several pictures of the brand’s products on his social media accounts.
In 2013, Geneva-based watchmaker Cyrus Genève tied down Mesut to become one of its brand ambassadors. The German promoted the company through worldwide print and online advertising campaigns. He also promoted the company’s charity campaigns and was a point of sales promotions.
Mesut Özil‘s Past Sponsors
Adidas beat Nike to get Özil’s signature back in 2013. Özil was a hot prospect at the time and had just secured his big move to Arsenal. The deal ended in 2020 after the stipulated seven-year period under the contract. Özil’s downfall from playing in the best league in the world to playing in Turkey prompted Adidas to not extend the agreement with the German. The entire deal was reportedly worth €22m.
Mesut Özil’s Investments
Özil launched his own company called “M10”, which kicked off by selling sportswear. Today, the company has expanded into the esports sector as well. The esports segment was founded in 2018 and takes part in Fortnite and FIFA tournaments. Özil is quite active in promoting his company on Instagram and himself holds livestreaming gaming sessions on Twitch.
Also Read – Athletes who own eSports organisations
Mesut Özil’s Notable achievements
- DFB-Pokal winner: 2008/09
- FA Cup winner: 2013/14, 2014/15, 2016/17
- FA Community Shield winner: 2015
- FIFA World Cup winner: 2014
- German Player of the Year: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016
- Arsenal Player of the Season: 2015/16
- Most Premier League assists: 2015/16
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2012, 2013
- Mesut Özil has been working with BigShoe since 2014, an initiative that helps children from poverty-stricken backgrounds and helps provide medical treatment to such persons who need the same.
- Özil and his wife donated to sixteen refugee camps across Syria and Turkey after the commencement of their wedding.
- He is also an ambassador for the Rays of Sunshine group, which seeks to provide care to seriously ill children.