Here, we have a profile for Raphaël Varane that details information about his playing career, as well as his earnings, sponsors, endorsements, achievements, and charity work.
Full name: Raphaël Xavier Varane
Date of birth: 25 April 1993
Place of birth: Liell, France
Current club: Manchester United (Premier League)
Salary: £275,000 per week
First senior club appearance: 8 January 2011 for RC Lens in a Ligue 1 match against Montpellier. (Result: RC Lens 2-0 Montpellier)
First senior international appearance: 22 March 2013 for France in a 2014 World Cup Qualification match against Georgia. (Result: France 3-1 Georgia)
Also Read – Who is Fábio Vieira, Arsenal’s latest Portuguese sensation?
Raphaël Varane Sponsors / Endorsements
Puma signed Varane in February 2021. The deal was dubbed to be a long-term one wherein the centre-back would endorse Puma’s lightweight speed boot. The Frenchman constantly posts the latest line of boots the company launches and participates in advertisement videos.
Varane entered into a paid partnership with HUGO BOSS in June 2021. The German company engages in clothing and accessories for men and women. Varane often promotes the company’s latest edition of merchandise on his Instagram account. He posted as recently as January 2022.
Varane entered into an agreement with cryptocurrency trading platform Crypto.com in October 2021. He engages in the promotion of the platform via his Instagram account. The company has also tied down stars like Matt Damon to help with promotion.
In April 2018, Varane became the face of the grooming brand Braun. The German company at the time had released its new line of grooming, the Braun Series 3 ProShave, which was promoted by the French centre-back. He stated that he also used the company’s products and that the deal made sense to him.
HyperX tied down Varane in March 2019 to become one of its brand ambassadors. HyperX engages in the business of producing gaming equipment such as headsets and gaming mouses. The contract between the two parties ended at the end of 2020.
Stages Raphaël Varane
Stages Raphaël Varane is an initiative that has been set up by the French centre-back to give back to the sport of football. It is a football academy that looks to support and promote football at the youth level.
- LaLiga: 2011–12, 2016–17, 2019–20
- Copa del Rey: 2013–14
- Supercopa de España: 2012, 2017, 2019–20
- UEFA Champions League: 2013–14, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
- UEFA Super Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
- FIFA World Cup: 2018
- UEFA Nations League: 2020-21
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2018
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2018
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2017-18
- IIFHS Men’s World Team: 2018
- Varane was part of the Manchester United side that stood in support of those struggling in Ukraine. The club sent out their message for peace whilst holding up posters during a Premier League game against Watford in February 2022.