The Premier League is known for its fast pace and high intensity gameplay which makes it arguably the most exciting football league in the world. The players have to perform each and every action with ultimate precision and quickness. The 2019/20 season witnessed some great dribblers of the ball who were breaking ankles as they went past defenders. Let’s see the top 10 dribblers in the Premier League right now:
10. Nicolas Pepe – The Arsenal winger who was brought in to the Emirates stadium last year has shown some impressive performances in the last season and will be looking to carry forward his form and try to play every game this season. The Ivorian had completed 72 dribbles last season in a total of 2,015 minutes he played on the pitch which is not bad considering it’s his maiden season in the Premier League.
9. Jack Grealish – The star man of Aston Villa last season was a treat to watch every time he stepped on the pitch. The English midfielder had a total of 73 dribbles in 3,234 minutes last year. He not only saved Villa from relegation on the very last day of the season by scoring the winner, but also attracted English football giants Manchester United to go after his signature. However, he will be wearing the Villa shirt this season after extending his contract with them.
8. Jordan Ayew – The Ghanaian International had his personal best season for Premier League club Crystal Palace last season as he scored 9 goals and provided 2 assists as well. He completed 73 dribbles in 3,160 minutes i.e. in lesser time compared to that of Grealish.
7. Dwight McNeil – The 20-year-old Burnley winger has been a consistent starter for Sean Dyche’s side and has proven to be dangerous in the front three. He had completed 77 dribbles in a total of 3,344 minutes which is not bad considering he has a lot of seasons to play in the future.
6. Mateo Kovacic – The former Real Madrid Midfielder is a world class player and his dribbling abilities from midfield has been phenomenal. The Croatian had completed 77 dribbles last season and that too in only 2,073 minutes of total playing time. He is looking forward to be playing more regular football under Frank Lampard this season.
5. Nathan Redmond – The 26-year-old Southampton midfielder is a player who will be looking to be at his peak form in the coming years. Even Pep Guardiola was full of praise for him when he helped his side to beat City in the 2018/19 season. Last year, he had completed 79 dribbles in just 2,768 minutes of playing time. He would surely be looking forward to making a mark this season as well.
4. Christian Pulisic – Despite playing only 25 games last season in a Chelsea shirt, Pulisic had already put his name in every Chelsea fan’s mind with his brilliant attacking display. He currently has even a better dribbles per game statistic (3) than the former Chelsea star Eden Hazard who managed 2.3 dribbles per game. He will surely prove to be a great player for the blues this season as well.
3. Allan Saint-Maximin – The Newcastle star has recently penned a new 6-year contract with the club, which is given to him because of his crazy technical ability on the pitch. It might help the club win some crucial points in the league. He had completed an impressive 121 dribbles in a total of 1,870 minutes, which is a great achievement for the 23-year-old. His display last week against United was also terrific. If he is played more often and remains injury-free, he can surely be the best dribbler of the league without a doubt.
2. Wilfried Zaha – The Crystal Palace forward Zaha has been a vital player for the Eagles and has already equaled his previous season’s goal tally (4) in just 5 games this season. Wilfried had a total of 163 completed dribbles last season in 3,280 minutes on the pitch, which was the key factor of Crystal Palace’s chances that were created last season.
1. Adama Traore – Adama Traore has transformed himself into a beast of a player since last season and has been a consistent threat in games since then. He has topped the dribbling list by completing 183 dribbles in just 2,606 minutes which is quite impressive for a 24-year-old winger. He will surely be looking to increase his goal involvement too this season as Wolves look to kick their PL campaign well.