All the best batsmen playing all over the world at the moment have some things in common – that they want to be the best, they play with passion, and when they hit a ball, it stays hit. These top hitters of the ball are often seen to have various stickers on their bat, which every fan observes watching them bat. These sponsors spend a lot of money on these players to rope them in as their brand ambassador. Let us take a look at what all brands these top-ranking batsmen are associated with in terms of bat sponsorships:
10. Jonny Bairstow – Jonny Bairstow had a bat sponsorship deal with the Australian company Gray Nicolls, the England batsmen’s sponsor in 2017. He used their bats in the 2019 World Cup as well.
9. Quinton de Cock – The South African opening batsman has a bat sponsorship with another English company Gunn & Moore and has been using its bat on the pitch for many years.
8. David Warner – After his controversial ban from international cricket, David Warner parted ways with Gray Nicolls and was seen sporting a Spartan bat in the domestic leagues. It hasn’t been official yet, but it looks like the Aussie has switched its bat sponsor to Spartan.
7. Aaron Finch – Another Aussie batsman who is ranked as one of the players in ODI’s has a bat sponsorship deal with the Australian based company Gray Nicolls.
6. Kane Williamson – The New Zealand skipper has been a Gray Nicolls player for his entire professional career so far and has an excellent relationship with them. He has also appeared in many endorsements for the company.
5. Faf Du Plessis – The South African batsman has IXU Sports, a South Africa based company, as his bat and kit sponsor. The player has been so impressed with their relationship that he is also helping the company in its brand development.
4. Ross Taylor – Experienced Kiwi batsman Ross Taylor has been associated with a bat sponsorship with the English brand Gunn and Moore and uses its special bat on the pitch.
3. Babar Azam – The Pakistani batsmen, Azam, doesn’t have a bat sponsorship but currently uses the HS 41 Special edition English Willow bat on the pitch.
2. Rohit Sharma – Rohit Sharma has proved to be a very influential batsman for team India and has improved a lot in recent years, giving him a guaranteed white-ball cricket place. He has a 3 Crore per year contract with CEAT tyres for a bat sponsorship since 2016, which will go on till 2021.
1. Virat Kohli – The current number one batsman in the world in the ICC ODI rankings has a pretty good contract in his hands with tyre manufacturing company MRF who give him 12.5 Crores per year for a bat sponsorship deal.
By Shashwat Nishant