He may have just arrived onto the scene, but Erling Haaland is already one of the hottest properties in football. Here is a profile for the Norway international, detailing information about his playing career as well as his sponsors, brand endorsements, investments, notable honours and charity work.
- Full Name – Erling Braut Haaland
- Date of Birth – 21 July 2000
- Place of Birth – Leeds, England
- Nationality – Norwegian
- Current club – Manchester City (England) | League – Premier League
- Salary as Player – £19.5 million gross per year (Source: Capology)
- First senior club appearance – 12 May 2016 for Bryne FK in a 1. Divisjon/ Norwegian First Division (Norwegian second tier) match against Ranheim Fotball. (Result – Ranheim 1–0 Bryne)
- First senior international appearance – 5 September 2019 for Norway’s senior team in a UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifying match against Malta. (Result – Norway 2 – 0 Malta)
Erling Haaland’s Sponsors / Endorsements
The American sports equipment giant is Haaland’s first-ever boot and personal equipment supplier at the senior level. It is reported, however, that the Norwegian is bound to get a more lucrative contract elsewhere.
Also Read –Harry Kane’s Nike deal “put on hold” due to Haaland effect
Samsung announced Haaland as a brand ambassador in the Nordic region to promote its latest series of Galaxy smartphones in March 2021.
Luxury watchmaker Breitling unveiled Haaland as one of its brand ambassadors in October 2022. Haaland headlines multiple campaigns for the brand and will also be the face of the brand’s future product launches.
In August 2022, Haaland was roped in as a brand ambassador by Nordic streaming service Viaplay. Aside from joining as Viaplay’s spokesman, Haaland also teamed up to launch the Haaland – The Big Decision documentary.
Erling Haaland’s Investments
Haaland acquired a share in sports tech company Hyperice in May 2021, making the Irvine, California-based muscle recovery products manufacturer the first high-end investment made by the young Norwegian. Haaland also serves as a global brand ambassador to the company.
With Red Bull Salzburg
- Australian Bundesliga (Österreichische Fußball-Bundesliga) – 2018-19, 2019-20
- Austrian Cup (ÖFB-Cup) – 2018-19
With Borussia Dortmund
- DFB-Pokal – 2020-21
- Golden Boy – 2020
(Source – Wikipedia)
NOTABLE CHARITY WORK
In April 2021, Romanian referee Octavian Sovre approached Haaland at the end of the first leg of UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final between Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund to ask the Norwegian to autograph his red and yellow cards. It was later revealed that the cards would be auctioned off to raise money for SOS Autism Bihor, a Romanian charity dedicated to providing support to autistic people.