Back in the national team and regarded as one of the very best strikers around at the moment, Karim Benzema’s time at Real Madrid post Cristiano Ronaldo has seen him receive the plaudits he has deserved throughout his career. Here is a profile for the Frenchman that details information about his playing career, as well as his sponsors, brand endorsements, notable honours and charity work.
Also Read – TOP 10 STRIKERS IN FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW
- Full Name – Karim Mostafa Benzema
- Date of Birth – 19 December 1987
- Place of Birth – Lyon, France
- Nationality – French
- Current club – Free Agent | League – N/A
- Salary as Player – N/A
- First senior club appearance – 15 January 2005 for Olympique Lyonnais in a Ligue 1 match against Metz. (Result – OL 2 – 0 Metz)
- First senior international appearance – 28 March 2007 for France’s senior team in an international friendly match against Austria. (Result – France 1 – 0 Austria)
Karim Benzema’s Sponsors / Endorsements
Benzema wore Nike’s Mercurial Vapor boots from 2004 to 2007 after which he signed a boot deal with Adidas, starting with its +F50.7 Tunit. He has maintained a partnership with the German sports equipment giant ever since.
Following are the brands Benzema has promoted throughout his career:
Hyundai is a South Korean automotive manufacturer headquartered in Seoul.
SFR (Société française du radiotéléphone)
SFR is a French mobile telecom company headquartered in Altice Campus, Paris.
LCL (Le Crédit Lyonnais)
LCL is a French financial institution headquartered in Lyon.
bwin is an Austrian online betting company headquartered in Vienna.
Karim Benzema’s Notable Charity Work
CharityStars is an American online fundraising platform based in Charlotte, North Carolina, where famous personalities can offer unique articles and experiences to raise money for charitable causes.
Benzema has been part of CharityStars for a long time. As part of the fundraising, some of the Real Madrid jerseys he has won throughout his career have been made available for auction.