Full Name – Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz
Age – 34 (24 January 1987)
Place of Birth – Salto, Uruguay
Nationality – Uruguayan
Current club – Atlético Madrid (SPAIN) | League – LaLiga Santander
Salary as Player – €125,000 per week
First professional appearance (domestically) – 3 May 2005 for Club Nacional de Football in a Copa Libertadores match against Atlético Junior. (Result – Atlético Junior 3 – 2 Nacional)
First professional appearance (internationally) – 8 February 2007 for Uruguay’s senior team in an international friendly match against Colombia. (Result – Colombia 1 – 3 Uruguay)
Also Read – Marco Reus – Sponsors | Endorsements | Salary | Net Worth | Notable Honours | Charity Work
Following are the brands the Uruguayan has endorsed over the years.
Puma – Suárez switched his official sports equipment sponsor from Adidas to its rival German brand Puma in August 2018 in a deal reportedly worth approximately £1m per year.
Abitab – Suárez has been a long-time sponsor of the Montevideo-headquartered Uruguayan financial services provider and has featured in some memorable adverts.
ANTEL – ANTEL is a government-owned Uruguayan telecom company headquartered in Montevideo for whom Suárez has made multiple ad appearances over the years.
Cablevisión – Headquartered in Buenos Aires, Cablevisión is an Argentine cable TV and internet provider that operates in Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay.
MyBrand – The Amsterdam-based clothing company roped Suárez in as an ambassador in April 2016 as it aimed to enter the men’s market.
Hawker – The Elche-headquartered Spanish sunglasses brand had a deal with the Uruguayan in 2016. Apart from featuring in its promotional content, Suárez also released his own range of Hawkers sunglasses.
Tronsmart – The Shenzhen-headquartered Chinese electronics brand roped Suárez in as an ambassador in April 2018.
Also Read – ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI – Sponsors | Endorsements | Salary | Net Worth | Notable Honours | Charity Work
Adidas – The German sports equipment giant was Suárez’s official’s supplier for more than a decade before the Uruguayan switched to Puma in 2018.
Beats by Dre – Suárez was signed as an ambassador for Beats in June 2014. He wore Beats’ audio products and featured in its #GameBeforeTheGame ad campaign.
Pepsi – Suárez featured in this remarkable Pepsi ad back in April 2016.
Tourism Malaysia – Malaysia’s tourism authority signed a one-year personal endorsement deal with Suárez in November 2017, earning itself image rights to feature the Uruguayan in its ad campaigns to promote Malaysia as a premium holiday destination.
GOME – In March 2018, Suárez signed a personal endorsement deal with Chinese mobile phone brand GOME, which is part of Hong Kong-headquartered electrical appliances retailer GOME Retail Holdings Ltd.. The deal entailed sponsorship activations throughout the 2018 FIFA Men’s World Cup.
888poker – The Gibraltar-based online poker cardroom signed a sponsorship deal with Suárez at the back of his scintillating performances during the 2013-14 season with Liverpool in the Premier League. The deal, however, was terminated in June 2014 after the Uruguayan was handed a four-month ban from all footballing activities by FIFA for biting Giorgio Chiellini during a World Cup match between Italy and Uruguay played on 24 June 2014.
With Nacional –
- Primera División – 2005–06
With AFC Ajax –
- Eredivisie – 2010–11
- KNVB Cup – 2009–10
With Liverpool –
- Football League Cup – 2011–12
With FC Barcelona –
- LaLiga – 2014–15, 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19
- Copa del Rey – 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
- Supercopa de España – 2016, 2018
- UEFA Champions League – 2014–15
- UEFA Super Cup – 2015
- FIFA Club World Cup – 2015
With Uruguay’s Senior Men’s National Team –
- Copa América – 2011
- China Cup International Football Championship – 2018
(Source – Wikipedia)
Also Read – KYLIAN MBAPPÉ – Sponsors | Endorsements | Salary | Net Worth | Notable Honours | Charity Work
NOTABLE CHARITY WORK
- In April 2014, as part of his role with Scremini Pérez, a Uruguayan charity aimed at supporting children suffering from cancer, Suárez donated 500 Christmas baskets to children at the Pereira Rossell hospital in Montevideo.
- In April 2016, he was brought to tears after meeting a young fan suffering phenylketonuria. He went on to dedicate his next goal to him and also launched a charity auction in December 2016, with all proceeds going towards phenylketonuria research.
- In October 2020, Suárez donated 1000 Big Macs as part of McDonald’s Uruguay Annual Charity Event. McDonald’s donated the money generated from the Big Macs sale to the Ronald McDonald House Association, an organisation that provides support to Uruguayan families and Liceo Impulso, a middle school in Montevideo.