In a cricket game, the maximum amount of pressure often comes to the bowler and batsmen looking to face each other in the last few overs with a target to defend and chase, respectively. The player who can comfortably handle these pressure-cooker situations leads their team to victory. Here are the top 10 Death bowlers in the IPL 2020.
10. Deepak Chahar – With not much experience of death over bowling, Deepak has the potential to come up and perform in the death overs as his variations can be useful for the team and can help the team win tight games in the end.
9. Isuru Udana – The newcomer in the Indian Premier League Isuru Udana can spring a surprise with his different variations in bowling and take other teams out in the death overs. The Sri Lankan bowler will be looking forward to doing well for the Royal Challengers Bangalore this year.
8. Pat Cummins – The Aussie Bowler is the best bowler for the Kolkata Knight Riders to bowl in the death overs. He can bowl in crucial powerplay overs as well. Pat’s fast bowling has helped Australia win some important matches.
7. Lungi Ngidi – The young South African bowler can prove to be a lethal weapon for the Chennai Super Kings and can bowl the death overs with perfection. The different variations that he brings with him are pretty good to confuse the batsmen in the death overs and make him lose their wicket.
6. Bhuvneshwar Kumar – The experienced Indian Medium fast bowler, Bhuvi, has already won many matches for Sunrisers Hyderabad and the Indian team. With his leg cutter, off-cutter, and the knuckleball, he can deliver for his team in the death overs.
5. Mohammed Shami – The Kings XI Punjab has a great weapon with them in the likes of Indian fast bowler Mohammed Shami as he brings with him some good experience and the ability to bowl good death overs. Everyone witnessed that when he bowled a fantastic death over against Afghanistan in the 2019 World Cup. With bowling speeds up to 140 kmph, he will prove to be a threat to others.
4. Lasith Malinga – Sri Lankan bowler Malinga is one of the most experienced bowlers in the league this year and is a master of death overs. He is known for his deadly yorkers and can take any given batsman out of the game in the death overs.
3. Jofra Archer – One of the death overs specialists in this season of the IPL, Jofra Archer is a very talented English bowler and can surprise the best of a batsman with his variations in the death overs. Jofra can also bowl well in the powerplay overs.
2. Kagiso Rabada – The best bowler for the Delhi Capitals this season, the South African bowler can bowl with a speed of about 145kmph in the pressure-filled death overs. He has bowled some death overs for both the South African and the Delhi team and has plenty of experience to master them.
1. Jasprit Bumrah – World number one bowler, Jasprit Bumrah, can be called upon in any possible situation in a game when the captain wants a wicket for the team. He is known as the best death over specialist globally and can destroy and frustrate all the batsmen with his death over bowling.