When a team goes out looking for a player, the most profitable selection they can make is that of a brilliant all-rounder who can ease the pressure on their pockets and relieve them from a selection crisis. All-rounders are always high in demand and the competition to be at the top is very tough considering the available talent. Here are the top 10 all-rounders playing in the 2020 IPL season based on their recent numbers:
10. Kedhar Jadhav – The Indian all-rounder has a knack of picking up important wickets for CSK when they need them and will be a handy player on UAE’s slow pitches this season. Criticized for his slow run-rate in last year’s IPL, he will be looking to improve on that front in this edition.
9. Ravindra Jadeja – The experienced Indian all-rounder will be a vital player for the Chennai Super Kings this season as he is at his best when the pitch allows the ball to grip a little. His recent batting performances have also been a real confidence booster for the team as he can push the team through rough times in the death overs. An excellent fielder, Jadeja will definitely save many runs for the team.
8. Rashid Khan – The Afghan international has been really impressive in recent years, and it is hard to believe he has done all this at the age of just 21. His bowling performances are second to none, and a controlled economy rate proves to be really damaging for the opponents. He has recently shown improvement in his batting performances and helped the team achieve the target score with more ease in the lower orders.
7. Krunal Pandya – Pandya not just helped in strengthening the batting line up of the Mumbai Indians but has also helped them pick up crucial wickets, changing moments of the game, and help the team win the toughest of games with his magic.
6. Glenn Maxwell – The Kings XI Punjab has bought. 31-year-old, Glenn Maxwell, for a whopping 10.75 crore because of his remarkable presence in the game. UAE can even prove to be lucky for Maxwell as in the 2014 edition, he was the highest-scoring batsmen with 300 runs in just five matches. Along with his exceptional fielding, Maxwell is also known for his brilliant bowling spells, which prove to be a game-changing moment for the team.
5. Chris Morris – The south African cricketer was another critical buy for the Royal Challengers Bangalore this year. He is known for his brilliant toe breaking Yorkers in the death overs and for his incredible ability to clear the boundaries and finish the game on a high note with the bat.
4. Hardik Pandya – The Indian all-rounder has been an essential player of the team in all the seasons he has been part of the Mumbai Indians and is considered as the best Indian all-rounder as of now. His last season’s performance speaks for itself. Scoring 402 runs in 16 matches and picking up an impressive 14 wickets in 16 matches, Hardik will be the key player to lead the team to success this year.
3. Sunil Narine – The West Indies player has been phenomenal for the Kolkata Knight Riders with his ability to both open the batting and bowling. He helps in setting the tone for both of the innings really well. His bowling also helps in slowing the tempo of the batting team leading to a lower total to chase later on. His explosive batting in the powerplays is just something to admire.
2. Ben Stokes – The England international is considered as one of the best all rounders in all forms of cricket right now. He led the England team to a miraculous win in the 2019 World Cup. Being a natural match-winner with his attacking bowling and impressive fielding, Stokes can prove to be a great player in this season of the IPL.
1. Andre Russell – The Windies cricketer can be considered as the best all-rounder in T20 cricket at the moment. He can win his team any given match single-handedly by his outstanding batting performances, which he has shown very often in the tournament. He can hit each and every ball out of the ground with ease, which makes him a true match-winner. His bowling exploits are not that bad too as he helps the pick-up wickets quite often too.