Full Name: Abraham Benjamin de Villiers
Born: 17 February 1984 (age 37)
Place of Birth: Bela-Bela, Limpopo Province
Nationality: South African
Role: Batsman and Wicket-Keeper
Net Worth (2021): $ 20 Million
Current Squad: Royal Challengers Bangalore
First Domestic Appearance: Debut for Northern in the 2003/04 Supersport Series
First International Appearance: Test debut (cap 296), 17 December 2004 v England
Last Man Stands – Last Man Stands (LMS) is the world’s oldest and most widely-reaching amateur cricket league, including a two-hour, eight-a-side T20 cricket game. AB de Villiers joined the team as a global ambassador in March 2021.
Cameo – Cameo is a video-sharing platform based in Chicago. De Villiers revealed his collaboration with the brand via his social media in March 2021.
Wrogn – AB de Villiers was designated as Wrogn’s latest brand ambassador in March 2020. The cricketer was promoting the brand’s latest active line, which includes over 100 different models of t-shirts, joggers, jeans, sweatshirts, and hoodies.
Dream11 – In 2019, India’s leading fantasy gaming company Dream11 signed AB de Villiers, Ajinkya Rahane along with Jasprit Bumrah, Rishabh Pant, Dinesh Karthik, Rashid Khan and R Ashwin.
Tata Motors – In November 2020, Tata Motors announced its collaboration with AB de Villiers.
Audi – In December 2014, German Automobile manufacture Audi signed up the Former Proteas Skipper and Captain as its brand Ambassador. Indian skipper Virat Kohli and Australian skipper Steve Smith are also associated with the brand.
Montblanc – Montblanc is a well-known German manufacturing company that deals in luxury goods such as watches, jewellery, etc. In 2017, the brand appointed ABD as its brand ambassador in South Africa and India. Because of his gentlemanly behaviour on and off the field, he was the perfect pick for the brand.
Puma – German footwear giant PUMA and AB de Villiers joined forces in 2006. The association has been extended multiple times since then and is still very much active.
MRF – AB De Villiers signed a deal with MRF in 2017, which was reported to be worth ₹ 28 Million. The prominent Indian based tire manufacturer has sponsored many legendary batsmen, including Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, and Steve Waugh. Currently, Indian Skipper Virat Kohli is also a part of the MRF family.
Also Read – David Warner Sponsors, 2020
Notable Achievements and Records
- ODI century in 31 balls versus WI
- ODI fastest 150- 64 balls vs WI
- In ODI-16 balls vs WI, fastest fifty
- 229 runs in T20 partnership with Virat Kohli
- ICC ODI Player of the Year award in 2010, 2014, and 2015
- De Villiers became the first South African to achieve a double century against India on April 4, 2008, with a top score of 217
- Named in the World Test XI by the ICC in 2009 and 2010
- Named in the World ODI XI in 2010
- AB de Villiers has the highest strike rate of South African batsman who has scored a century in a World Cup match, with a strike rate of 136.73
- In 2017, ABD promoted Montblanc’s active collaboration with UNICEF to provide children with a high-quality education.
- The All in Africa challenge took place in 2020, to make a change in the lives of those who are less fortunat. AB de Villiers jumped on board, donating one of his South African T20 jerseys to the cause.
- In the year 2020, AB de Villiers was a part of the inaugural 3Team Cricket Solidarity Cup match, which collected a total of 3 million Rands for charity.