Full Name – Santos Saúl “Canelo” Álvarez Barragán
Age – 18 July 1990 (age 30)
Place of Birth – Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Nationality – Mexican
Net Worth – $140 million
Salary/Winnings as Player – $35 million
Earnings via Endorsements – $2m
Total Fights – 58
Wins – 55
Wins by KO – 37
Losses – 1
Draws – 2
First professional appearance – October 29, 2005, opponent was Abraham Gonzalez.
Also Read – Billy Joe Saunders – Sponsors | Endorsements | Salary | Net Worth | Notable Honours | Charity Work
DAZN – Dazn – a subscription video streaming service owned by Perform Group, roped in Canelo Alvarez as one of its brand ambassadors in 2018. The five-year, 11-fight contract was estimated to be close to $365 million.
EVERLAST – Canelo signed a multi million dollar sponsorship deal with sports equipment maker Everlast in 2014.
Louis Vuitton – The Luxury goods maker roped in the boxer to showcase their brand across the globe.
Tecate – The Heineken-owned Mexican beer brand, Tecate, joined forces Canelo Alvarez at the beginning of 2016.
Hennessy- Hennessy, the world’s best-selling Cognac, chose to become one of Canelo’s allies in 2018.
Value Grupo Financiero – In 2019, Canelo partnered with a fund management company, Value Grupo Financiero, to help him manage his vast fortune.
Coppel – Canelo has endorsed Mexico based chain of a departmental store, Coppel.
Roger Dubuis – In 2018, watchmaker – Roger Dubuis, chose to support Canelo Alvarez. As the brand ambassador of Roger Dubuis, Canelo not just wears and endorses the watches but also wears the brand’s logo on his shorts during pivotal fights.
Notable Honours and Achievements
- Current Unified WBA (Super) champion
- WBC (Franchise) champion
- Ring magazine and lineal middleweight champion
- WBA (Regular) super middleweight champion
- Former WBA Fedecentro welterweight champion
- NABF welterweight champion
- WBC Youth World welterweight champion
- WBA (Unified)
- WBC junior middleweight champion
- WBO junior middleweight champion,
- Ring junior middleweight champion
- IBF middleweight champion
- WBO light heavyweight champion.
Notable Charity Work
- Canelo is well known for his charity work and always does his part whenever an opportunity arises. The boxer donated $1 million after a severe earthquake hit Mexico.
- He has also extended helping hand to a Children’s hospital in his hometown in Mexico. He also has offered monetary helps to several organisations working for the betterment of children.