Paul Pogba is an expressive individual. Both on and off the pitch, the France international knows how to express himself and does not shy away from doing so when he gets the chance. It’s this effervescent personality that makes Paul a centre of attention whether one likes him or not. Here is a profile for the French superstar detailing information about his playing career as well as his brand endorsements, notable honours and charity work.
Full Name – Paul Labile Pogba
Age – 27 (15 March 1993)
Place of Birth – Lagny-sur-Marne, Paris, France
Nationality – French
Salary as Player – £290,000 per week
Earnings via Endorsements – US$5.5 million (2020)
(Source – Forbes)
First professional appearance (domestically) – 20 September 2011 for Manchester United in an EFL Cup 3rd round match against Leeds United. (Result – Leeds United 0 – 3 Man United)
First professional appearance (internationally) – 22 March 2013 for France’s senior side in a FIFA Men’s World Cup Qualification match against Georgia. (Result – France 3 – 1 Georgia)
Also Read – THE GLAZERS AND MANCHESTER UNITED – AN OVERVIEW
Adidas – German sports equipment giant Adidas snapped up Pogba in a ten-year deal worth £31 million in 2016. The company also gets to feature Pogba in its promotional content.
In October 2021, Pogba collaborated with British fashion designer Stella McCartney to launch the Paul Pogba x adidas by Stella McCartney collection that featured a vegan adidas Predator Freak — the world’s first-ever 100% vegan boot.
PepsiCo – Pogba joined the New York-based beverage giant as a brand ambassador at the start of last year. He joined the likes of Raheem Sterling, Mo Salah and Leo Messi in contributing towards PepsiCo’s marketing campaigns.
TCL – Pogba serves as a brand ambassador to the Huizhou-headquartered Chinese electronics company since September 2020. Pogba promotes TCL’s products by appearing in its ad campaigns, via social media posts, and sponsored livestreams.
- Pogba presented the Best Song award to Shawn Mendes alongside actress Natalie Dormer at the 2017 MTV Europe Music Awards.
With France’s Senior Men’s National Team –
- 2018 FIFA Men’s World Cup – Russia 2018
With Juventus –
- Serie A – 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
- Coppa Italia – 2014-15, 2015-16
- Supercoppa Italiana – 2013, 2015
With Manchester United –
- EFL Cup – 2016-17
- UEFA Europa League – 2016-17
- Golden Boy – 2013
(Source – Wikipedia)
Also Read – THE PAUL POGBA CONUNDRUM
NOTABLE CHARITY WORK
- In February 2016, he donated €100,000 to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) on UEFA’s behalf.
- Also in 2016, Pogba collaborated with BigShoe11 to finance crucial surgeries for 11 children in Tanzania.
- In June 2017, Pogba featured in a charity game for his former teammate Juan Cuadrado’s charity foundation in Medellín, Colombia. He also used this event to launch his own charity, called the Pogba Foundation.
- In March 2019, to mark his 26th birthday, Pogba launched a fundraiser in collaboration with charity: water, a non-profit aimed at bringing safe drinking water to people in under-developed countries. He managed to raise £7,360.
- In December 2019, Pogba featured in a charity match as part of the 48h for Guinea event that saw an All Star France team take on Guinea in an attempt to raise money and awareness towards clean drinking water for children in Africa.
- In 2020, Pogba started a fundraising page and pledged financial support to UNICEF towards the world’s fight against coronavirus.