Full Name – Sergio Leonel Agüero Del Castillo
Date of Birth – June 2, 1988
Place of Birth – Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nationality – Argentinean
Current club – FC Barcelona (SPAIN) | League – LaLiga
Salary as Player – €6 million annually (approx.)
Earnings via Endorsements – US$5.5 million*. (*Source – Forbes)
First professional appearance (domestically) – 5 July 2003 for Independiente in the Argentine Primera División match against Club Atlético San Lorenzo de Almagro. (Result – Independiente 0 – 1 San Lorenzo)
First professional appearance (internationally) – 3 September 2006 for Argentina’s senior side in an international friendly match against Brazil. (Result – Brazil 3 – 0 Argentina)
Also Read – LIONEL MESSI – Sponsors | Endorsements | Salary | Net Worth | Notable Honours | Charity Work
Puma – In 2011, Sergio Agüero signed a lucrative deal with Puma, becoming the face of the company going ahead. His deal was reported to be around US$6.2 million, which was basic contract, with performance-based bonuses for topping Premier League and Champions League goalscoring charts and scoring for his national side. In early 2019, Manchester City, Agüero’s then club, signed a long-term deal with Puma, reportedly worth US$860 million for a period of 10 years.
PepsiCo – In 2017, Pepsi signed Sergio Agüero to promote the UEFA Champions League. At the time, when Pepsi were in the second year of a three-year sponsorship deal with the Champions League, they signed up some of the most well-known and marketable faces alongside the Argentinian, such as Alexis Sánchez and Vincent Kompany.
Gillette – Along with multiple other famous faces, Agüero tied up with Gillette for their international football campaign “Inner Steel” during 2014.
Starring Lionel Messi, Pelé, Joe Hart, Alexis Sánchez, Thomas Müllerand Javier Hernández amongst others, the male grooming brand showcased the passion and drive each player had for their country.
Agüero tied up with Gillette again the next year with a social media challenge in which he replied to his fans on Twitter.
KRU Sports – Sergio Agüero founded this Argentinian esports organisation with the goal of bringing together the new generation of esports and digital media along with the traditional professional sports. An avid gamer himself, Agüero is the face of this company and also regularly streams on Twitch.
KRU already have sponsors such as Twitch, AMD and Aorus.
With Atlético Madrid –
UEFA Europa League – 2009-10
UEFA Super Cup – 2010
With Manchester City
- Premier League – 2011-12, 2013-14, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2020-21
- FA Cup – 2018-19
- EFL Cup – 2013-14, 2015-16, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21
- FA Community Shield – 2012, 2018, 2019
- Golden Boy – 2007
- Sergio has worked with the UK-based cancer care and support charity, Teenage Cancer Trust, and has been an invested member.
- Agüero has also been a keen supporter of the La Fundación Leo Messi (The Leo Messi Foundation) which is a non-profit organisation dedicated to development of solidarity actions and social commitments in Argentina and across the world.
- Sergio Agüero also supports the Fundación Garrahan, a foundation that works towards maintaining the health and education of young children across Argentina.