Full Name: Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton
Age: 36 (7th January, 1985)
Place of birth: Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
Current team: Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team
Salary as driver: $70M (according to Express)
Salary as endorsements: $12M (according to Forbes)
First F1 race win: Canadian Grand Prix in June 2007 with McLaren
First F1 World Championship win: 2008 season with McLaren
Lewis Hamilton Sponsors and Endorsements
Regarded as the greatest Formula One driver of all time, the young boy from Stevenage in Hertfordshire, England today is at the pinnacle of motor sports.
Starting his career with McLaren in 2007, Hamilton almost took his very first championship in his debut season, finishing second. He did one better the following year to win his first world title. Already proven as one of the greatest talents of the sport, Hamilton’s move to Mercedes in 2013 has cemented his legacy as one of the greatest, if not the greatest. Since joining Mercedes in 2013, Hamilton has won the drivers title every year barring two (2013 and 2016). Statistically there isn’t anyone who comes near the Brit. Hamilton over the years has become a strong advocate in support of activism on various topics including tackling racism and working towards diversity in motorsports.
One of the biggest brands in the world, Hamilton is a media starlet. With some of the biggest brands partnering with the Brit, today we take a look at the brands that sponsor Lewis Hamilton.
In March 2018, Lewis Hamilton signed a multi-year partnership with fashion brand Tommy Hilfiger which saw the Brit become a global ambassador of the brand.
Since signing on with the brand, Hamilton promotes the Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored line, their range of menswear, underwear and swimwear. Hamilton has also collaborated with the brand since to launch exclusive collections.
Additionally, it is not only Hamilton, but also his Mercedes team who have a partnership with Tommy Hilfiger.
Hamilton signed on as Monster Energy’s brand ambassador in March 2017.
Hamilton since then appears in various global promotional campaigns for the drinks brand, has released a commemorative LH44 line of products in collaboration with the brand and also sports the Monster Energy logo on his racing helmet.
Monster Energy has also been a long time sponsor of Hamilton’s team Mercedes.
Hamilton has been a member of global sports company Puma since 2013 and expanded that partnership in 2017 when he became the ‘Ambassador for Performance’
Apart from endorsing the brand through various campaigns, Hamilton has even launched his own Puma x Lewis Hamilton collection. Hamilton’s race wear, technical clothing and footwear since 2012 have been supplied by Puma and in 2020 to celebrate their seventh anniversary and Hamilton’s record equalling seventh world title, Puma launched a unique collection in his honour.
Luxury Swiss watch manufacturer IWC signed on Lewis Hamilton as a brand ambassador back in 2013.
Hamilton sports IWC watches during the race weekend press conferences and other media duties along with endorsing the brand on his social media channels and appearing in various promotional campaigns for the brand.
American audio equipment company is not only a personal sponsor for Lewis Hamilton but also one for his Formula One team, Mercedes.
Hamilton headlines multiple Bose campaigns and even endorses the product off track and even on race weekends. As the Official Partner in Sound of Mercedes, the Bose logo even appears on Hamilton’s race suit.
Helmet manufacturer Bell Helmets saw Lewis Hamilton official switch over from Arai to Bell in 2015.
Since joining the Bell family, Hamilton’s helmets are supplied by Bell and the driver endorses the brand on his social media channels along with appearing for various campaigns as well.
MV Agusta Motorcycles
In September 2017, Lewis Hamilton signed a multi-year partnership with motorcycle manufacturer MV Augusta, which saw him become the brand ambassador for the Italian brand.
Prior to joining the MV Agusta family Hamilton had a one-off collaboration with the brand in 2016, which saw them collaborate together on the Dragster RR LH model. Hamilton kicked-off his partnership with the brand with another collaboration, designing the F4 LH44 model.
Malaysian oil and gas company, Petronas has been a long time sponsor of Lewis Hamilton. The firm also is the main sponsor of Hamilton’s Mercedes team since 2010.
Petronas also serves as a personal sponsor for Hamilton since 2013.
Gran Turismo Sport
Racing simulation video game Gran Turismo has Lewis Hamilton as their brand ambassador since 2017.
Hamilton endorses the brands products, especially their official driving simulator kits.
Group De Rigo’s lifestyle brand Police signed a multi-year sponsorship deal with Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes in 2019.
Hamilton sports the brand’s sunglasses and optical frames along with endorsing the brand and appearing in various media campaigns. Along with that, the Police logo is also visible on Hamilton’s racing helmet.
Hamilton initially kicked off the partnership with a collaboration with the brand launching an official eyewear collection.
British telecommunications company Vodafone has been a sponsor for Lewis Hamilton since his debut season in 2007.
During his spell with McLaren, Vodafone also served as the official sponsor of the team. Hamilton, even though has moved on from McLaren, has remained a Vodafone ambassador, endorsing the brand in multiple campaigns.
German luxury automotive company Mercedes-Benz, who are owners of Hamilton’s Formula One team are also one of his personal sponsors.
Hamilton has been a brand ambassador from the company since 2013 and regularly appears in advertisement campaigns for the brand along with endorsing it on his personal social media platforms.
Beauty giants L’Oreal signed on Lewis Hamilton as their brand ambassador in April 2016.
Hamilton was announced as the face of the brand’s Men Expert range and has starred in multiple campaigns for the brand over the years.
Japanese multinational conglomerate, Sony have been a long time sponsor of Lewis Hamilton.
Hamilton often endorses Sony products on his various social media channels.
In the past, Lewis Hamilton has represented Bombardier Recreational Products, an automobile manufacturer
Other ventures and activism
- Lewis Hamilton confirmed in 2020 that he has been writing and featuring in songs for over 10 years. He collaborated with Christina Aguilera for the 2018 song “Pipe”, then under the pseudonym XNDA
- Hamilton started “The Hamilton commission” to promote and increase diversity in motorsport, especially Formula 1. He iconically took the knee and wore t-shirts with the names of African Americans who lost their lives during the Black Lives Matter movement to Formula One races.
- Hamilton has been vocal about the issues of climate change, noticeably selling his private jet and changing his way of life to reduce his carbon footprint. He also donated $500,000 to the horrible 2020 Australian bushfires.
- In December 2021, Hamilton teamed up with online learning streaming platform, MasterClass, which saw him teach a class to the learners about succeeding in sports and life and how to set a winning mentality.
- In August 2019, Hamilton invested in meat-free burger chain, Neat Burger. As a vegan himself, Hamilton is vocal about the importance of switching to a plant-based diet and how it helps the humans and environment both.
- Hamilton owns the X44 team in the SUV off-road racing series Extreme E series.
- Hamilton was one of the investors who acquired American fashion magazine, W, in August 2020.
- Hamilton invested in Chilean food-tech company, NotCo, in July 2021. NotCo produces plant-based alternatives to animal-based food products.
- Hamilton is also an investor in New York based vertical farming and digital agriculture company, Bowery Farming. Known for their locally grown products who deliver pesticide-free lettuce, leafy greens and herbs, Bowery Farming is the largest vertical farming operation in the United States.