Full Name – Sadio Mané
Age – 29 (10 April 1982)
Place of Birth – Sédhiou, Senegal
Salary as Player- £7.8 million annually
First professional appearance (domestically) – 14 January 2012 for FC Metz in a Ligue 2 match against Bastia.
(Result – FC Metz 0–1 Bastia)
First professional appearance (internationally) – 26 July 2012 for Senegal’s Olympics team in an Olympics Group Stage match against Great Britain.
(Result – Great Britain 1-1 Senegal)
NEW BALANCE – Sadio Mané joined forces with New Balance just before the 2018 Champions League Final in May, but when Liverpool left for new kit makers Nike there were rumours that the Senegalese would follow his team in replacing New Balance with Nike. However, they were all put to bed when New Balance revealed their first signature boot colorway of the 2020-21 season for Mané. New Balance released the Furon v6 football shoes with his signature imprinted inside the boots.
WESTERN UNION – As the official principal partner and official money transfer partner of Liverpool in 2018, Western Union recruited Liverpool’s Sadio Mané to be the face of a new international campaign by bringing authenticity to cross-border transactions. A television campaign focused on Mané’s own financial links to his Senegal house by capturing real-life transactions between the player and his uncle in Senegal. Since then, the Western Union has been sponsoring Sadio Mané as well.
INDONESIA TOURISM – In 2018, Sadio Mané signed a deal to act as an ambassador for Indonesia’s Ministry of tourism. As a part of this agreement, Mané represents the country by promoting them on his social media platforms while also providing them with his image rights. The deal was orchestrated by Mediapro Asia, the sports rights agency, whose Asia office also has a sports marketing arm.
With Red Bull Salzburg–
- Austrian Football Bundesliga – 2013-14
- Austrian Cup – 2013-14
With Liverpool FC –
- Premier League – 2019-20
- UEFA Champions League – 2018-19
- UEFA Super Cup – 2019
- FIFA Club World Cup – 2019
- African Footballer of the Year – 2019
Also Read – ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIĆ – Sponsors | Net Worth | Salary | Endorsements | Investments | Net Worth | Notable Honours | Charity Work
NOTABLE CHARITY WORK
Despite his fame and wealth, Sadio Mané has not forgotten his roots.
- In 2019, he returned to his home village in Bambali to check on the construction of the school that he was financing. The project is reported to have cost around €270,000.
- Mané has also paid for the construction of a hospital in his village.
- Mané is renowned in his hometown for giving out free football outfits to kids while also providing families with money.
- Amid the outbreak of the coronavirus, Mané donated £41,000 (30 million FCFA) to the health authorities in Senegal.