Age – 39 (3 October 1981)
Place of Birth – Malmö, Sweden
Nationality – Swedish
Salary as Player – €7m per year
Earnings via Endorsements – US$5m
(Source – Forbes)
First professional appearance (domestically) – 19 September 1999 for Malmö FF in an Allsvenskan match against Halmstads BK. (Result – Halmstad 2 – 1 Malmö)
First professional appearance (internationally) – 31 January 2001 for Sweden’s senior team in an international friendly match against the Faroe Islands. (Result – Sweden 0 – 0 Faroe Islands)
Nike – Zlatan has had a complicated relationship with his boot sponsors. In his early days at Ajax, he could be seen wearing Puma boots, and would switch to Adidas while on international duty. He was officially sponsored by Nike between 2004 and 2014 but has since had an on-and-off relationship with the American brand. He still wears Nike boots, but no longer endorses them, with reports of Puma – the kit supplier of his current club, Milan – is ready to sign Ibra on an official basis.
Volvo – Zlatan has been an official ambassador of the Gothenburg-headquartered Swedish manufacturing company since UEFA Euro 2016 and continues to feature in its promotional content.
Also Read – Cristiano Ronaldo : Sponsors | Net Worth | Salary | Endorsements | Investments | Net Worth | Notable Honours | Charity Work
Adidas – Zlatan has an official boot sponsorship deal with Adidas for the 2016-17 season, which he spent at Manchester United, whose kits were supplied by the German brand.
Microsoft Xbox One – The Swede became an official ambassador of Xbox One for France in November 2013, while he was playing for PSG.
Nivea Men – Zlatan in an advert for the German personal care brand in February 2014.
Vitamin Well – Zlatan has been an ambassador of the Stockholm-headquartered vitamin-enriched beverages manufacturer since December 2014. In March 2015, he launched his own beverage called Vitamin Well Upgrade.
VISA – VISA snapped up Zlatan as an ambassador to cover the FIFA Men’s World Cup Russia 2018 to spread the good word of contactless technology. The Swede was playing for MLS side LA Galaxy at the time.
A-Z Sportswear – A-Z was a clothing line for men, women and kids launched by Zlatan in 2016 in collaboration with Norwegian fashion brand Varner. However, the company had to shut down two years later after accruing losses in excess of £18m.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic Parfums – Zlatan Ibrahimovic Parfums is a line of perfumes Zlatan launched during his PSG days in collaboration with Swedish cosmetics brand Amazing Brands Stockholm.
Hammarby IF – Zlatan acquired 23.5% of the shares of Swedish top-flight club Hammarby IF in November 2019. This decision has brought him severe criticism from Malmö FF fans, who has since continued to
vandalise his statue located outside Eleda Stadion, Malmö’s home ground.
Zlatan Legends – In collaboration with Swedish developer ISBIT Games, Ibra launched his own online arcade sports game in August 2017 called Zlatan Legends. ISBIT later got shut down in August 2019.
Also Read – ANTOINE GRIEZMANN – Sponsors | Net Worth | Salary | Endorsements | Investments | Net Worth | Notable Honours | Charity Work
With AFC Ajax –
- Eredivisie – 2001-02, 2003-04
- KNVB Cup – 2001-02
- Johan Cruyff Shield – 2002
With Juventus –
- Serie A – 2004-05, 2005-06 (both revoked in the wake of the Calciopoli scandal)
With Inter Milan –
- Serie A – 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
- Supercoppa Italiana – 2006, 2008
With FC Barcelona –
- LaLiga – 2009-10
- Supercopa de España – 2009, 2010
- UEFA Super Cup – 2009
- FIFA Club World Cup – 2009
With AC Milan –
- Serie A – 2010-11
- Supercoppa Italiana – 2011
With Paris Saint-Germain –
- Ligue 1 – 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
- Coupe de France – 2014-15, 2015-16
- Coupe de la Ligue – 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
- Trophée des Champions – 2013, 2014, 2015
With Manchester United –
- FA Community Shield – 2016
- EFL Cup – 2016-17
- UEFA Europa League – 2016-17
(Source – Wikipedia)
Also Read – PAUL POGBA – Sponsors | Endorsements | Salary | Net Worth | Notable Honours | Charity Work
NOTABLE CHARITY WORK
- In August 2014, Zlatan donated £30,000 to a Swedish national team of players with learning disabilities to participate in the INAS World Championships in Brazil.
- Zlatan has been an ambassador to the United Nations World Food Programme (UNWFP) for many years. Food scarcity is an issue that resonates deeply with the Swede, for he experienced it first-hand while growing up. In February 2015, Zlatan brought attention to the global matter by taking his shirt off after scoring in a Ligue 1 match for PSG, revealing the names of 50 people suffering from hunger round the world inked on his body.
- In March 2020, he started a fundraiser to raise a million euros to help the hospital across Milan, Bergamo, Castellanza and Torino in the battle against coronavirus, while personally donating €100,000.
- In January 2021, Ibrahimović and Romelu Lukaku got engaged in a furious spat on the pitch during a Coppa Italia game between Inter and AC Milan, for which both players were fined by their respective teams. It was revealed by the clubs in April 2021 that amount accrued from these fines would go towards charitable causes.