TUMI recruits elite footballer Son Heung-Min to launch the Next Generation of Alpha Bravo.
Luxury manufacturer of suitcases and travel products TUMI has launched the latest evolution of its iconic Alpha Bravo collection with celebrated international footballer Son Heung-Min.
The Tottenham Hotspur forward and captain of the South Korea men’s national football team stars in TUMI’s Life in Forward Motion campaign, carrying key pieces from the new Alpha Bravo collection.
Focused on modularity, sustainability, and durability, the collection comprises over two dozen entirely new styles including backpacks, slings, chest packs, briefs, duffels and cross bodies.
Regarded by many as one of the sport’s top players, Son Heung-Min caps an award-winning start to 2022. In early January, Son received his seventh Best Footballer in Asia award, marking his fifth consecutive year winning the title. This honour is the latest accolade in the athlete’s decorated career. He became the highest-scoring Asian player in the UEFA Champions League in 2019 and the first Asian player to score more than 50 goals in the Premier League in 2020.
This year, Son is set to play a key role in South Korea’s run in the FIFA Men’s World Cup which is set to be held in Qatar. With TUMI’s Life in Forward Motion campaign, fans can catch Son at the top of his game on and off the pitch with the Liaison Tote, Logistics Backpack, Navigation Backpack, Platoon Sling and the Mason Duffel.
Speaking about his partnership with TUMI, Son said:
“I’ve been a fan of TUMI for years, so I am excited to join the TUMI Crew as a brand ambassador. Being a professional footballer, travelling is naturally a big part of my life. It means I need versatile and reliable bags when I’m off the field—and TUMI delivers, especially the Alpha Bravo collection which was made for non-stop lives like mine.”
- As seen on Son Heung-Min, the Logistics Backpack has a flap-lid silhouette that adjusts to fit your haul, from days in the boardroom to weekends out exploring. The Logistics Backpack simplifies the packing experience and maximises carry capacity.
- Ideal for daily commutes, the Navigation Backpack is a well-proportioned medium-sized style built for both work and pleasure. Tech-inclined travellers will appreciate the expandable bag’s securely padded laptop and tablet compartments as well as smartly organised interior and exterior pockets.
- The Liaison Tote delivers with dual cargo pockets and quick-release buckles. A spacious interior and adjustable straps make the tote easy to carry by hand or over the shoulder.
- For those who prefer a duffel style, the Mason Duffel answers the call with a roomy silhouette. Grab handles with daisy chain details amp up the functionality, as does the expandable shoe compartment with a water-resistant lining.
- For carrying lighter loads, the Platoon Sling is a casual and stylish hands-free bag ready for exploration.
First introduced in 2010, the original Alpha Bravo collection marked a pivotal moment in TUMI’s history with the debut of its modern utilitarian bags.
The latest generation of Alpha Bravo continues this lineage with brand new styles that have evolved to fit active lifestyles that take us everywhere — from the office to the outdoors and beyond. Many of these feature a main body fabric made from recycled materials. The lining of almost all styles is also made with recycled materials, and the built-to-last quality of the collection further enhances its sustainability.