Here, we have a profile for Andrés Iniesta that details information about his playing career, his sponsors, brand endorsements, investments, charity work, and life achievements
Full Name: Andrés Iniesta Luján
Date of Birth: May 11, 1984
Place of Birth: Fuentealbilla, Spain
Current Club: Vissel Kobe
Andrés Iniesta’s Salary: ¥63,000,000 annually
Andrés Iniesta’s Net Worth: US$120 million
First senior club appearance: December 21, 2002 v RCD Mallorca
First senior international appearance: May 27, 2006 v Russia
Andrés Iniesta’s Sponsorships / Endorsements
Asics, Ariel, Konami, DAZN, GeneLife, Nissan, UFX.com, Nike, Sony, Arcos, Estrella Damm, Dormity
Asics announced a multi-year contract with Iniesta in October 2018. The deal was in furtherance of the company’s goal to expand across various sports, which included football. Asics is a Japanese sports manufacturing company and also sponsors the Australian national cricket teams.
Global washing powder manufacturer Ariel tied down Iniesta post-2018 to make him a part of a web series, which was to contain five chapters in which Iniesta and the brand would highlight the ease of doing laundry and the benefits of using the Ariel 3in1 PODs.
Konami is a Japanese entertainment company and a video game developer. In 2016, the company announced Iniesta, the then-FC Barcelona captain, as an official Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) ambassador. PES was a series of football simulation games developed by Konami, and Iniesta was made an ambassador for PES 2017.
OTT service company DAZN signed Iniesta to be the face of its company in Spain and Japan in March 2019. Iniesta became an ambassador for the company along with other football stars like Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar. Although the duration and financial details of the agreement remained undisclosed, it was a massive step for the England-based company to move across the globe.
Genesis Healthcare, a Japanese pioneer in health testing and research, signed a deal with Iniesta in 2019. Iniesta was not only made an ambassador for the company, he also signed a sponsorship agreement with it. However, the duration and the financial details of the deal remained undisclosed.
Nissan is a Japanese automobile manufacturing company and is known globally for its services. In 2014, the company announced Iniesta and Brazilian defender Thiago Silva as its Official UEFA Ambassadors. The two were contracted to appear in Nissan ads during breaks in the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League season.
UFX is an online trading platform that signed Iniesta as a global ambassador in 2017. The contract was initially for a period of two years with an option to move into the third year. Since then, Iniesta has been appearing on posters and ad campaigns for the company.
Nike and Iniesta’s relationship goes way back to 2009. Since then, Iniesta has sported several Nike cleats and has promoted various models in advertisements for the brand.
Iniesta was first found promoting the Sony brand in 2013, when the company launched the then-new Sony Xperia. The player was found promoting the brand at launch parties and promotion events.
Iniesta was first found endorsing the popular knife manufacturing brand in 2013. Iniesta not only wore T-shirts to promote the company but was also featured on posters to advertise it.
One of the popular sponsors of FC Barcelona in 2014 was the local brewing company Estrella Damm. As part of the sponsorship agreement, Iniesta took part in many of the company’s campaigns and contests.
Dormity is a Spanish company in the business of manufacturing mattresses, bed bases, canapes, heads, pillows and linens. The company was involved with Iniesta and employed him for campaigns promoting its products in 2016.
Also Read – Top 20 male footballers of all time
Iniesta’s business investments
Iniesta Methodology is a football academy owned by the Spaniard to share the visions and expertise that he has gained over the years to the next generations of footballers.
Iniesta is also part of a family business that produces wine from his hometown, Fuentealbilla. The company was founded in 1990, and the vineyard is spread over 300 acres of land. Iniesta features in several posts and adverts to help promote the company.
- LaLiga winner: 2004-05, 2005-06, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2017-18
- UEFA Champions League winner: 2005-06, 2008-09, 2010-11, 2014-15
- Copa del Rey: 2008-09, 2011-12, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18
- Supercopa de España: 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016
- UEFA Super Cup: 2011, 2015
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015
- Emperor’s Cup: 2019
- Japanese Super Cup: 2020
- FIFA World Cup: 2010
- UEFA European Championship: 2008, 2012
- LaLiga Best Spanish Player: 2009
- LaLiga Best Midfielder: 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- UEFA Best Player in Europe: 2012
- Player of the Tournament: UEFA EURO 2012
- Most assists in LaLiga: 2012-13
- UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament: 2008, 2012
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016
- UEFA Champions League top assist provider: 2010-11
- Golden Foot: 2014
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2014-15, 2015-16
- LaLiga Team of the Season: 2015-16
- UEFA Euro All-time XI
- The charity Save the Children took on Iniesta as a brand ambassador in May 2017 to voice against bullying in school.
- Iniesta donated his shirt to a refugee charity auction around October 2015. The amount generated through the event was donated to the Red Cross. The amount generated would go towards helping Syrian refugees.
- In 2015, Iniesta donated his national jersey to Terre des hommes to help children gain access to basic needs of living.