Jon Rahm has been massively successful at various levels of golf: from junior golf, to college, to the pros. He has had 13 professional victories so far, six of which have come on the PGA Tour and seven on the European Tour.
Rahm was the No. 1 golfer in the World Amateur Golf Ranking for a record 60 weeks and later became World No. 1 in the Official World Golf Ranking, first achieving that rank after winning the Memorial Tournament in July 2020.
In June 2021, Rahm became the first Spanish golfer to win the US Open. He became the first golfer to win The Ben Hogan Award for two consecutive years. The award is given to the best player in college golf in the United States. In January 2017, Rahm secured his first PGA Tour victory and first professional win at the Farmers Insurance Open.
Let’s take Jon Rahm’s net worth, sponsors, endorsements and charity work.
Also Read – Top 10 best golfers of all time (Male)
Full name: Jon Rahm Rodríguez
Place of birth: Biscay, Spain
Career earnings (as of 2022): US$31m
Net worth: US$17m
Earnings via endorsements: US$10m (according to GolfNetWorth, March 2022)
Jon Rahm’s Present Endorsements / Sponsors
Jon Rahm is one of the very few golfers who have a deal with Mercedes-Benz, a deal that he signed back in 2018. The brand’s website describes him as ‘a player with fiery passion and laser-like focus, making him a favourite among fans’. This endorsement is one of the highlighting deals for both the player and the brand.
A software company, Blue Yonder announced a sponsorship deal with Rahm in 2019. As part of the deal, Rahm serves as a brand ambassador for JDA. He has been sporting the JDA logo on the chest of his golf shirt at various PGA events. Additionally, Rahm hails from Spain, where JDA has offices and significant business operations.
As a Rolex golf ambassador, Rahm has worn different Rolex watches at various golf events. The company strives to leverage the similarities between its own brand value of ‘quest for perpetual excellence’ with the qualities displayed by Rahm in his game: perfect, flawless and unblemished.
A previous jet owner himself, Rahm became a VistaJet Program Member in 2021. The jet company described him as the perfect VistaJet brand ambassador as golf, much like private aviation, relies on ‘precision, timing, and a commitment to excellence’ .
Early in 2021, Rahm joined Callaway’s tour staff with a mult-iyear agreement. The company welcomed Jon and stated that he had been one of the very best players in the world and was a proven winner on golf’s biggest global stages.
The apparel brand welcomed Rahm in May 2021 and since then the player has sported a variety of TravisMathew apparels, including Wanderlust jacket, Heater polo and many more in the golf events. Jon has publicly stated that he has been impressed with TravisMathew’s commitment to sourcing fabrics that deliver the performance benefits he looks for in his golf apparel.
The course at the Silverleaf Club located in Scottsdale provides a spacious area for golf practicing sessions. This is the same place where Rahm famously shot a course-record 59 that helped him give his best shots in the subsequent tournaments, including the 2021 US Open Championship. While the endorsement size remains undisclosed, the Club has celebrated multiple wins of Rahm through congratulatory posts on the website and social media handle.
Jon Rahm’s Notable honours
- US Open 2021
- Memorial Tournament (PGA Tour) 2020
- BMW Championship 2020
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans (PGA Tour) 2019
- CareerBuilder Challenge (PGA Tour) 2018
- Farmers Insurance Open, California (PGA Tour) 2017
Jon Rahm’s Notable charity work
- Kisner Foundation: The foundation focuses on helping children with their physical and mental health and build foundations for them to succeed in life. Among various items up for an auction by the Foundation in November 2021, one was the US 2021 flag signed by Jon Rahm, the proceeds of which went to the children’s foundation.
- Seve Ballesteros Foundation: This is an initiative that began in 2016 and is aimed at introducing the game of golf and its values to the younger generations. Jon Rahm has been an active member of the foundation, which raises money for scientific research with the aim of helping to cure brain cancer, working with some of the best scientists and institutes. According to Rahm, this project has been striving to create awareness around brain cancer by sponsoring several tournaments in the Spanish Federation and in turn providing people with a different way of seeing golf. Over 600 children have participated in the programme ‘Seve & Jon golf for kids’ inspired by Jon Rahm.