Zachary Thomas LaVine was born on March 10, 1995, in Renton, Washington. Zach played for UCLA in the 2013-14 basketball season and was later drafted into the NBA by the Minnesota Timberwolves in the 2014 NBA drafts as the 13th overall pick.
Zach played in Minnesota for three seasons and averaged 13.7 points, 3.2 assists and 2.9 rebounds per game. He also won the Slam Dunk Contest in 2015 and 2016 in two of the most competitive years in league history.
He was then traded to the Chicago Bulls in 2017 and has developed his game since then. He is averaging 24.4 points, 4.4 assists and 4.7 rebounds per game for the Chicago Bulls in five seasons. His best season so far has been the 2021-22 NBA season, where the Bulls looked dangerous and very strong contenders to make it to the top. His career achievements include:
- NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2015)
- 2× NBA All-Star (2021, 2022)
- 2× NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (2015, 2016)
- Pac-12 All-Freshman Team (2014)
- First-Team Parade All-American (2013)
- AP Washington Player of the Year (2013)
- Washington Mr Basketball (2013)
Also Read – Top 20 best NBA players of the 2021-22 season
- Zach LaVine invested in sports media company Overtime in April 2021. Overtime raised US$80 million in 2021 from investments by Drake, Jeff Bezos and several NBA players.
- Zach lives in his Chicago mansion, which is worth US$3 million and was rumoured to be put on the market for sale.
- Zach owns a BMW i8 worth more than US$200,000, which is custom-made in the black and red colours of the Chicago Bulls. The car was costumed even before his trade from Minnesota to Chicago, which he called to be “destiny”. He also owns a 2022 Bentley Flying Spur worth at least US$200,825. He also received a 1968 Pontiac LeMans from his parents after becoming a professional basketball player.
- Zach donated all his earnings from his Slam Dunk Contest prize money and US$10,000 from the winnings to the Metro Deaf School in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- In April 2020, Zach and the Bulls together announced a significant donation to the Greater Chicago Food Depository. The donation was made in partnership with Lineage Logistics, a food logistics company, and aimed to support the Greater Chicago Food Depository’s local initiatives with food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and other programmes throughout Chicago.
- LaVine was awarded the NBA Cares Community Assist Award for the month of April in 2016 for his work with a school for the deaf and several other contributions to charity.
Zach LaVine’s Net worth
- The Timberwolves signed Zach on a four-year rookie deal worth US$9,647,298 before trading him to the Bulls after the 2017-18 season. In 2018, LaVine signed a four-year contract extension deal with the Bulls worth US$78 million, paying him around US$50 million for 2021-22 season.
- Zach LaVine’s net worth is estimated to be US$3 million, whereas his average salary is estimated to be US$19 million.
- In the summer of 2022, Zach will be a restricted free agent and, according to reports, the Bulls are set to offer him a five-year, US$212.3m max extension deal.
Zach LaVine’s Sponsors and Endorsements
The 6’6’’ guard has attracted a lot of attention from his Slam Dunk Contest performances and some clutch performances for the Bulls. The shooting guard has improved his shooting accuracy and already has one of the best shooting stances in the league. “Flight 8” has attracted quite a few brands, which include:
Zach was sneaker-free during the 2021-22 NBA season and wore Nike’s Kobe 9 Elite during a few matches, but in March 2022, New Balance announced that it was linking up with Zach LaVine for a new shoe deal which would also include a signature shoe. Zach commented on the deal, having said: “I’m partnering with a brand that’s investing in me and I’m investing in them, so I’m extremely happy.”
A recovery beverage brand, Cherrish signed with five NBA and MLB athletes in February 2020. The endorsement deal included multiple athletes, including CJ McCollum (Portland Trail Blazers), Zach LaVine (Chicago Bulls), LaMarcus Aldridge (San Antonio Spurs), George Springer (Houston Astros) and Brett Gardner (NY Yankees).
In a YouTube video by Men’s Health, where Zach LaVine showed off his gym and fridge, Cherrish’s drinks were also seen along with the rest of his healthy groceries.
Mountain Dew added Zach LaVine to its roster of athletes, a deal which also included content from the NBA 2K22 video game. LaVine served as the brand’s in-game host, briefing players through various 3-Point challenges.
LaVine also starred in the soft drink brand’s commercial, Dew Break, along with Zion Williamson, where the two played an NBA2K game together.
Sweden-based global shopping service platform Klarna agreed to a partnership in January 2022 with the Chicago Bulls, the deal makes Klarna the front-of-shirt sponsor for the Bulls’ practice jerseys. Klarna also signed Lonzo Ball and Zach LaVine as its brand ambassadors. The two athletes collaborate with the company for various elements of the Bulls partnership through activations and custom social content. Fans around the world get access to check out Zach LaVine’s choice of outfits through this platform.
Founded by Rich Paul, American sports agency Klutch Sports Group, which also has LeBron James in its roster, signed Zach LaVine in September 2021. The company now represents the 2x All-Star on all platforms and helps him reach greater heights off the court.
Carmax, a used car retail company, aired a commercial on December 29, 2021, starring Zach LaVine. The ‘Call Your Shot: Autograph’ commercial was also posted by LaVine on his social media.
Zach LaVine signed a four-year shoe deal with Adidas in November 2017, which could have paid him up to US$35 million. He preferred wearing shoes like N3XT L3V3L and BYW X 2.0, but didn’t get his signature shoe with the three-stripes.