Born on September 17, 1995, Patrick Mahomes is an American professional gridiron football player for the Kansas City Chiefs of the NFL. The quarterback has already won the Super Bowl on two occasions — once in 2019 and then again in 2022. He has also won two Super Bowl MVP awards, both of which came in his side’s championship-winning seasons.
Sponsorship deals | Brand endorsements
Mahomes has been a part of the German sportswear brand’s roster ever since he turned pro in 2017. As part of the deal, Adidas provides Mahomes with an array of goods, including training pants, shoes, Freak Ultra Football cleats, hoodies, sweaters and jackets. Mahomes gets apparel for gamedays as well as for training.
Mahomes also has his very own line of hoodies, joggers, shorts, tees and more with Adidas. The company launched the “Mahomes 1 Royal Blue 80” shoe in March 2023 after the title-winning season for the Kansas City Royals.
Mahomes is considered to be a long-time user of the products of Canadian sports nutrition brand BioSteel. In 2020, the NFL star joined the brand as an equity partner by investing an undisclosed amount.
US-based lifestyle brand Oakley roped in Patrick and Sterling Mahomes in 2022 to help promote its products. The father and daughter appeared in an Oakley commercial to promote its latest line of sunglasses.
Head & Shoulders
Mahomes partnered with Head & Shoulders throughout the entirety of both the 2019 and 2020 NFL seasons. During his partnership, he would discuss various sports-based topics alongside former NFL player Troy Polamalu.
American insurance company State Farm roped in Mahomes in September 2022 to be a part of an ad campaign it was launching that very year. The campaign’s message was to convey to the US youth that the company provided personalised insurance schemes based on individual circumstances.
The American brand manufacturing and selling audio equipment partnered with Mahomes in 2021. The quarterback featured in an ad along with Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers to promote the “Rule the Quiet” campaign, which was aimed at promoting the Bose QuietComfort earbuds.
American multichannel video programming distributor DirecTV signed up Mahomes in 2022. As part of the deal, Mahomes would feature in a 30-second ad video called “Front Row: Upgrade” that very year.
Pioneer of ionised alkaline water in the US, Essentia Water signed up Mahomes in 2023 to be a part of its “Stop for Nothing” ad campaign, which also featured actress Millie Bobby Brown.
EA Sports’ proprietary NFL video game series Madden has various athletes on its cover year after year. Patrick Mahomes appeared on the game’s cover in 2020.
It was towards the end of 2022 that sandwich maker Subway and Mahomes teamed up to launch a new chicken sandwich. Mahomes also appeared in an ad to promote the product.
Coors Light (Molson Coors)
The Coors Light beer manufacturer teamed up with Mahomes to market a flashlight for the company. The NFL star thus appeared in a Coors Light commercial. All the proceeds from the sale of the product went towards the 15 and the Mahomies Foundation.
The Hyperice and Mahomes partnership began back in 2020. The performance recovery technology company signed the NFL star as a brand ambassador. Mahomes also invested in the company as an equity holder.
Mahomes was already an owner of Hyperice products before becoming one of its brand ambassadors.
In 2019, Iowa-based supermarket company Hy-Vee announced a three-year deal with Mahomes. As per the deal, Mahomes appeared in TV commercials and social media collaborations for the brand. The two kicked off their partnership with Mahomes’ appearance in the company’s “Exercising Your Character” event.
Hunt’s, a tomato ketchup manufacturing brand, signed Mahomes in 2018.
It was in 2019 that Helzberg Diamonds and Patrick Mahomes teamed up to launch a new line of jewellery. The partnership was launched to initiate sales of diamond pendant necklaces for men and women featuring Mahomes’ “PMII” Logo. All the sales generated from the campaign went to the 15 and the Mahomies Foundation.
Community America Credit Union
Headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas, Community America signed Mahomes in 2019. Mahomes has since appeared in several Community America ads, most notably in 2019 and 2021.
Goodcents is a US company specialising in bakery products and catering services.
- Mahomes has a couple of small investments in sporting teams. His first is a 1% stake in Major League Baseball side Kansas City Royals, which is reportedly worth US$12 million. He is also a minority owner of Major League Soccer side Sporting Kansas City.
- Mahomes also has a stake in Kansas’ first Whataburger restaurant.
- Mahomes has also invested in wearable tech company Whoop. He made this investment in 2020, when the company was worth US$1.2 billion; the number has since gone up to US$3.6 billion.
- Mahomes has also invested in Kansas-based private jet company Airshare.
- Mahomes set up the “15 and the Mahomies Foundation” in 2019 to help improve the lives of children. The primary campaign of the organisation is called “15 for 15”, which aims at helping children improve their academics, sports and art in school.
- In tandem with his organisation, Mahomes, in 2022, gave out several books to children and reportedly donated US$400,000.
- Mahomes won the Nationwide Charity Challenge, the results of which were declared in January 2023. As a result, he was awarded a US$25,000 contribution from Nationwide to support his 15 and the Mahomies Foundation.