Following his historic Olympics gold-medal win, Indian track and field athlete Neeraj Chopra has become the darling of numerous brands throughout the country. Every brand wants to cash in on his recent success and fame to also grow its own value. With time, Chopra is sure to get multiple lucrative deals with some of the biggest brands.
Here we take a look at the Neeraj Chopra’s brand endorsements list till date.
Neeraj Chopra’s Brand Endorsements & Sponsors
In July 2022, Chopra was announced as Limca’s brand ambassador, joining on to promote the brand’s then-upcoming low-sugar no-fizz beverage.
Dynapar QPS Pain Reliever
Troikaa Pharmaceuticals announced Chopra as the first-ever brand ambassador for its over-the-counter solution for musculoskeletal pain, Dynapar QPS, in March 2022. The partnership sees Chopra feature in various marketing campaigns for the brand, having started off with the #ChampionsKaChampion series.
Plant-based meat firm GoodDot announced Neeraj Chopra as a brand ambassador in December 2021. As the face of the firm, Chopra helps GoodDot raise awareness about plant-based meats. The partnership has Chopra feature in various television and media campaigns for the brand.
American multinational oil and gas company ExxonMobil’s Indian brand, Mobil India, tied up with the ace athlete in 2019. Chopra appears in multiple campaigns for the brand, including the #FarakLaakarDekhiye campaign.
Indian sports nutrition supplements brand MuscleBlaze has been a long-term sponsor of Neeraj Chopra, even before his Tokyo heroics. Chopra has been a part of multiple advertisement campaigns for the brand and promotes its products regularly.
TATA AIA Life Insurance
Following his historic Olympic achievements, TATA AIA Life Insurance was the first company to sign on the athlete as a brand ambassador. The multi-year deal with the company sees the athlete promote the company’s policies and educate the general public about the importance of life and health insurances.
Ahead of the resumption of the 2021 IPL season in the UAE, Indian fintech company CRED roped in the Olympic gold medallist as its latest ambassador.
Chopra’s first campaign with the company was the Great for Good campaign alongside actor Jim Sarbh. Chopra appears in the advertisement not as himself but as the general public who have been hounding him after his Tokyo win. Chopra’s multi-avatar portrayal of the over-enthusiastic common men won over millions of hearts.
Chopra also has an endorsement deal in place with American personal care products company Procter & Gamble, with him serving as a brand ambassador for P&G’s brand Gillette in India. As part of the partnership, Chopra appears in advertisements for the brand and also promotes its products on his own social media platforms.
Indian electronics company Amstrad AC brought on Chopra as a brand ambassador following his gold win at the 2018 Commonwealth Games. Chopra is the face of the brand and partakes in several of its advertisement campaigns on social media.
Chopra signed on with the Indian dairy company as its brand ambassador in early 2021. Being an athlete, Chopra promotes and speaks out about the importance of milk and dairy products in his diet that help him to function at the highest level.
Following his Olympic triumph, smartphone manufacturer iQOO India tied up with Neeraj Chopra for its Quest On & On campaign. Chopra currently is a brand ambassador of the company and promotes its products on various social platforms.
Sports drink company Gatorade brought on Neeraj Chopra as its brand ambassador following his successful stint at the 2018 Asian Games. Since his partnership with Gatorade, Chopra has been a part of multiple digital media campaigns for the brand, such as #GatoradexNeeraj and #SweatMore.
The sports branch of the JSW Group, which was established in 2012, has slowly become a strong foundation base for young and upcoming athletes.
Chopra has been sponsored by JSW Sports since the early days of his career, having signed up with them in 2015. He is a member of JSW Sports’ Sports Excellence Program, which provides financial support and training facilities to the athletes.
Chopra has been sponsored by American sporting giant Nike since 2017. Chopra’s deal with Nike is reportedly worth US$50,000.
As part of the deal, Chopra endorses Nike’s products on the field and off it too, on his social media platforms. Nike also provides Chopra with customised apparel.
EdTech firm BYJU’S roped in Neeraj Chopra as one of its brand ambassadors in December 2021. Chopra headlines various media and television campaigns as BYJU’S uses his image to reach out to younger audiences.
Under Armour’s India distributor and licensee Underdog Athletics roped in Chopra as a brand ambassador for Under Armour India in July 2022. The partnership sees Under Armour release various media campaigns which Chopra headlines.
In November 2022, Chopra was announced as a “Friendship Ambassador” of Switzerland Tourism. The agreement sees Chopra promote the adventurous and sporty outdoors of Switzerland to the Indian public.
Also Read – An interview with Julian Weber
Neeraj Chopra’s Additional Rewards and Accolades
Aside from bagging multiple brand deals, Chopra has also been a recipient of numerous prize-money rewards, awards and accolades after this historic Olympic gold medal campaign:
- Chopra was awarded ₹6 crore by The Government of Haryana and a Class 1 government job. The state government also set up a Centre for Excellence for Athletics in Panchkula, where Chopra is to be made the head of the institute.
- The athlete also received ₹2 crore from The Government of Punjab.
- Chopra received a reward of ₹2 crore from BYJU’s, one of the country’s leading EdTech platforms.
- The Government of Manipur announced a cash prize of ₹1 crore for the Tokyo gold medallist.
- Chopra also received ₹1 crore each from The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and Indian Premier League team, the Chennai Super Kings.
- IndiGo Airlines announced that for a period of one year following his Olympic heroics, Chopra would be given unlimited free air travel on its planes between August 8, 2021 and August 7, 2022.
- Mahindra Group’s chairman, Anand Mahindra, announced that Chopra would receive the XUV 700 as reward for his stellar show in Tokyo.
- The Inspire Institute of Sports, Vijayanagar unveiled the Neeraj Chopra Marg following Chopra’s Tokyo show. He had previously been an athlete of the institute.
- Chopra received India’s highest sporting honour, the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award, in November 2021.
- The Army Sports Institute Stadium in Pune was renamed to the Neeraj Chopra Stadium in August 2021.
- Multinational hospitality chain OYO announced that Chopra would be given free stay at any of its properties after his Tokyo triumph.
- One of Chopra’s sponsors, the JSW Group, also announced prize money of ₹1 crore for the Olympic gold medallist.
- The Indian Olympic Association rewarded Chopra with prize money of ₹75 lakh.
- Realty firm Elan Group announced a cash prize of ₹25 lakh for the gold medallist.
- In November 2021, Chopra became the first-ever male athlete to be featured on the cover of Vogue India.
- In April 2021, Chopra was announced as the recipient of the Sportsman of the Decade (Track and Field) award at the Aces Awards, hosted by India’s leading sports magazine, Sportstar.
- Chopra was awarded the Arjuna Award in 2018.
- He received the Vishisht Seva Medal at the 2020 Republic Day honours.
- He received the Param Vishisht Seva Medal at the 2022 Republic Day honours.
- He received Padma Shri at the 2022 Republic Day honours.
- The Army Sports Institute (ASI) stadium in Pune was renamed as the ‘Neeraj Chopra Stadium’ in August 2021.