Born on November 29, 1988, Russell Wilson is an American professional gridiron football player for the Denver Broncos of the NFL. He joined the team in 2022 and has previously played for the Seattle Seahawks.
The seasoned quarterback has been around for quite some time, and his greatest achievement came in 2013 when he helped his side win the Super Bowl. He also won eight Pro Bowls between 2013 and 2020.
According to the reports, Wilson’s net worth is around US$165 million (January 2023).
In this article, we take a look at Wilson’s investments, sponsorship and brand endorsement deals, as well as his charity work.
Russell Wilson’s Sponsors / Brand endorsements
Wilson also has lucrative sponsorship deals with various brands. Reports estimate that brand endorsements have netted him an additional US$14 million on top of his salary as a gridiron football player in 2023. Some of his brand endorsement deals include Amazon, BOSE, Mercedes-Benz, Nike, Microsoft, Duracell and more.
Amazon, an American company primarily focused on providing e-commerce services around the globe, signed a deal with Wilson and his wife, Ciara, in 2021. As part of the deal, the couple was required to produce scripted series and forms via the company’s “Why Not You” productions.
The couple also partnered with Amazon Home in 2020 to “give back to the community”. They helped Amazon Home makeover the house of a local Seattle worker who served at the Seattle Children’s Hospital.
The American brand known for manufacturing and selling audio equipment partnered with Wilson in 2021. The quarterback was featured in an ad along with Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers to promote the “Rule the Quiet” campaign, promoting the Bose QuietComfort earbuds.
German automobile manufacturing company Mercedes-Benz has been associated with Wilson since 2018. It brought in Wilson to become a part of its “Drive for Kids” campaign. The quarterback was required to participate in fundraising events over the following nine months after signing the deal.
Russell also visited the company’s headquarters in 2022 and has been spotted supporting the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula 1 team.
Alaska Air Group
Alaska Airlines and Russell Wilson have enjoyed a long relationship that began in 2013. The quarterback was chosen to act as the company’s Chief Football Officer back then.
The two parties decided to extend their partnership in 2015. The airline has also designed aircrafts in celebration of the former Seattle Seahawks athlete.
The American sportswear brand signed a long-term deal with Wilson in January 2016. Wilson took to Instagram in 2016 to announce the commencement of the deal.
Wilson often promotes the brand on his social media platforms, most notably by posting images of Nike boots on his Instagram account.
Wilson Sporting Goods
Russell Wilson signed with Wilson Sporting Goods in 2015 to become a part of the company’s advisory board. He joined the company to help develop and test technology used in gridiron football to help improve player performance and experience.
American technology company Microsoft partnered with Wilson in 2014 to promote its Surface tablets. The quarterback flew down to New York City at the time and helped in promoting the tablet through interviews and social media posts.
It was back in 2014 that Duracell had engaged several players of the Seattle Seahawks to feature in one of its ad campaigns. Russell Wilson was one of the players who featured in the Duracell ads. The Seahawks featured twice in such Duracell ads within the span of one year.
Procter and Gamble-owned brand Braun signed as the official shaving partner with the NFL in 2014 and signed with the then-Seattle Seahawks star Russell Wilson, who was signed on to lead the “Face Greatness” campaign.
Wilson partnered with American clothing brand Levi’s back in 2012. As part of the deal, he was to feature in the brand’s “Go Forth” ad campaign.
American Family Insurance
American Family Insurance had Wilson featuring in a 60-second commercial in 2014, though the company had signed Wilson as a brand ambassador a year before the commercial was released.
Larson Automotive Group
Auto dealer Larson Automotive Group signed on Russell Wilson in 2023, with the agreement focusing on a television campaign. Larson’s advertising agency has signed a two-year deal with Wilson.
Russell Wilson’s Charity work
- Wilson often visits the Seattle Children’s Hospital and reportedly donated US$1,060,005 from the “Why Not You” foundation, which was set up to fight cancer, in 2016.
- All the proceeds from the Russell Wilson Passing Academy were donated to the Charles Ray III Diabetes Association in 2012.
- Wilson tied with Seattle-based Russell Investments to donate US$3,000 for every one of his rushing or passing touchdowns.
- Wilson also extends his support to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America by organising charity events. One such example was when he collaborated with NASCAR racer Kasey Kahne to conduct a charity golf tournament. The event raised a reported US$220,000 in 2014 and US$600,000 in 2015.
- Wilson partnered with an NGO called the Food Lifeline during the COVID-19 Pandemic and donated one million meals to people in need of the same during the crisis.
Russell Wilson’s Personal investments
- Wilson has invested in Project Diamond, which aims to bring in a Minor League Baseball team.
- In support of future NFL and NBA teams, WIlson invested in developing a sports arena in Seattle in 2014. Other persons involved in the project were hedge fund manager Chris Hansen, Pete Nordstrom and NBA player Wally Walker.
- Wilson invested in a company called VCIS that manufactures football helmets in 2015.
- Wilson, along with his wife, Ciara, made an investment in Major League Soccer (MLS) team Seattle Sounders in 2019.
- Apart from sports, Wilson’s investments also lie in companies like Molecule that manufactures mattresses. He made this investment in 2018.
- Wilson also own a massive mansion in Bellevue that is 10,700 sq ft in area. The mansion has seven bedrooms and six bathrooms spread across its massive area and is reportedly worth US$6.7 million. The house includes various other amenities, such as fireplaces, a wine cellar, a walk in pantry and skylights.
- Wilson also owns a range of stunning cars, having a Tesla, an Audi, a Range Rover and a Mercedes-Benz G Wagon in his garage.
Deshaun Watson’s net worth, investments and sponsorships
Aaron Rodgers: Net worth | Investments | Charity work | Endorsements
Orlando Brown Jr: Net worth | Endorsements | Charity work
Aaron Donald’s net worth, investments and sponsorships
Derek Carr: Net worth | Investments | Charity work | Endorsements
Patrick Mahomes: Sponsorships | Brand endorsements | Investments | Charity work
Kyler Murray: Net worth | Investments | Sponsorships
Tom Brady: Net worth | Investments | Sponsorships
Dak Prescott’s net worth, investments and sponsorships