The Indian Premier League’s most decorated team Chennai Super Kings have announced a partnership with Indian multinational banking and financial services company ICICI Bank.
The two parties have launched a co-branded credit card as part of the collaboration, which will be called Chennai Super Kings ICICI Bank Credit Card. The card has been designed with a range of exclusive privileges for the millions of Chennai Super Kings fans worldwide.
Customers can apply for the card by sending an SMS: ‘KING’ to 5676766.
Additional benefits for the CSK fans would be:
- joining and renewal gift of 2000 reward points that can be redeemed against CSK merchandise,
- complimentary tickets to CSK matches during the playing season,
- monthly top spenders to get memorabilia autographed by key players,
- exclusive meet and greet session with select players,
- an opportunity to attend a practice session of the team,
- 10 reward points on all retail spends on the Chennai Super Kings match days (1 reward point = ₹0.25),
- 2 reward points on all retail spends on other days,
- complimentary access to domestic airport lounges in India,
- exclusive discounts on ticket bookings on BookMyShow and Inox,
- exclusive offers on dining through the Bank’s ‘Culinary Treats’ programme, and
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on HPCL fuel pumps.
KS Viswanathan, CEO, Chennai Super Kings Cricket Limited, commented:
“We are delighted to partner with ICICI Bank for the launch of a co-branded credit card. We are confident that this partnership will benefit our fans across the country and spread Yellove far and wide.”
Sudipta Roy, Head – Unsecured Assets, ICICI Bank, added:
“ICICI Bank has a rich legacy of pioneering innovative, powerful and distinctive value propositions for its customers. We are delighted to collaborate with CSK to introduce a co-branded credit card, which offers the CSK fans a bouquet of exclusive privileges from the iconic team and distinct banking benefits from ICICI Bank. The card is a result of collaboration between two institutions and we expect that the CSK fans will like it.”
This is not the first time ICICI Bank has launched a co-branded credit card; four years ago, it launched a co-branded credit card with English Premier League heavyweights Manchester United.