The Indian Cricket team has had many superstars who have shocked many people at the biggest stages with their mind-blowing batting displays. It doesn’t matter if it is a situation of scoring runs at the beginning of powerplays or ending the matches with hitting the ball in the stands; team India has a squad full of talents that tend to shine under pressure. Let us have a look at the best bat sponsorship deals our players have got over the years.
5. Rohit Sharma – Rohit Sharma has proved to be a very influential batsman for team India and has improved a lot in recent years, giving him a guaranteed place in the first team in white-ball cricket for India. He has a 3 Crore per year contract with CEAT tyres for a bat sponsorship since 2016, which will go on till 2021.
4. Shikhar Dhawan – Another opening batsman of Team India, Shikhar Dhawan, has a very classy batting style and can win you any game when he gets in the mood. He is also in a bat sponsorship deal with the tyre manufacturing company MRF who gives him 3 Crore per year to feature their brand on his bat while he is on the pitch.
3. Yuvraj Singh – Yuvraj Singh has been a legend for the Indian Cricket Team, and it is just impossible to forget his 6 sixes in an over against England, which wrote his name into the history books of limited-overs cricket. He signed a lucrative bat sponsorship with German sportswear company PUMA in 2012 for a 4 Crore per year contract with them.
2. Mahendra Singh Dhoni – The former Indian Cricket team captain was a player to watch when he donned his famous number 7 shirt on the pitch, and his batting displays have made spectators worldwide fall in love with him. He signed an impressive bat sponsorship deal with Spartan in 2013 and then renewed it in 2016 for another three years for 4.33 Crores per year.
1. Virat Kohli – The current Indian team Captain and the best ODI batsman globally, Virat Kohli has a pretty good contract in his hands with tyre manufacturing company MRF who give him 12.5 Crores per year for a bat sponsorship deal. This is the best bat sponsorship deal so far, which has been given to any Indian Cricketer.