Delhi Capitals, formerly known as The Delhi Daredevils, have been part of the IPL journey from the start and have seen many players be part of their quest to become IPL Champions one day. Unfortunately, they have not been able to lift the trophy even once in the past 12 seasons and came closest in the earlier seasons when they got defeated in the semifinals. The Capitals will be looking to capitalize this time around under the captaincy of young Shreyas Iyer, who will now hope to lead the team to glory. Here are the different sponsors partnering with the Delhi Capitals this season:
1. JSW Group – Delhi Capitals has announced JSW Group as the team’s principal sponsor for the Indian Premier League’s upcoming season to be held in UAE. They have switched from Daikin Air Conditioning, who were the team’s principal sponsors since 2015.
2. Ebix Cash – The leading financial exchange disruptor in India, Ebix Cash, will be a principal sponsor of the Delhi Capitals for the 2020 and 2021 Indian Premier League seasons. The deal was announced in October 2019.
3. Lotus Herbals – The skincare products company will be the principal sponsor for the Delhi Capitals till the 2021 season after signing a two-year deal with the IPL team in 2019.
4. OK Credit – It is a free digital Udhar-Khata App for small businesses. It will be the Delhi Capitals Official Digital Credit Ledger for this season.
5. Bira 91 – According to the local media, Delhi Capitals has signed a five-year sponsorship agreement with Bira 91, replacing music equipment brand JBL. Furthermore, the logo of Bira 91 will be visible on the caps and helmets of the team’s players.
6. Balkrishna Industries (BKT) – Balkrishna Industries Ltd. (BKT Tires), the Indian multinational group and global player in the off-highway tire market, has announced that it will be sponsoring the Delhi Capitals along with five other IPL teams this season.
7. Jio Digital Life – The Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, Jio, is an Indian telecommunications company and a subsidiary of Jio Platforms and is sponsoring all of the teams in the 2020 IPL season, including the Delhi Capitals.
8. Coca Cola – The American Multinational Beverage corporation was the sponsor of the Delhi capitals and other franchises but will be looking to downgrade their sponsorships due to a decrease in on-air revenues this year.
9. Boat – The electronic products company known to have amazing range of speakers and headphones has been sponsoring almost all the teams in the IPL and is also partners with the Delhi Capitals this season.
10. Paytm Insider – This partnership will allow all the Delhi capital events to be listed on Insider and will be available to be purchased via Paytm. They have become yet another essential partner of the Delhi Capitals team.
11. Dream 11 – As Dream 11 is the main sponsor for the 2020 IPL season as well, it will prove to be a sponsorship which will produce good revenues to the team during this season and hopefully share the success Delhi Capitals bring to them.
12. Fever 104 – The radio station is the Official Radio partner for the Delhi Capitals.
13. DTDC – The courier company is Delhi Capital’s official Logistics partner since April 2016. They will continue to be their partners this season as well.
14. Sqadgear – Sqadgear, a sports outfit brand founded in 2015, is the Delhi Capitals’ kit manufacturers since last year.
15. Acko General Insurance – It is a private sector General Insurance Company in India who will be the Delhi team’s official Insurance partners this season
16. Apollo Steel Tubes – The steel tube brand has extended its deal for one more year with the Delhi team after a successful campaign in 2019.
17. Bond Tite (Astral Adhesives) – The Delhi team roped in Astral adhesives as their official partner for this season.
18. Colgate – American multinational consumer products company is sponsoring Delhi Capitals along with a few other teams this season.
19. Body Care – The company will be the official partners for the Delhi Capitals and will feature on their trousers for this season.
20. Nissin – Nissin Cup noodles is the official noodle partner of the Delhi capitals for IPL 2020.
21. Livinguard – The globally renowned Swiss-based hygiene technology company is the official Hygiene partner for the Delhi Capitals.
22. Kotak – The Kotak Mahindra Bank is also the official sponsor of the Delhi Capitals.
23. Fancode Shop – The store is Delhi Capitals’ official Merchandise partner.
This year is unique in sporting history and has posed great demands on brands associated with sporting events to conserve spends. According to sources, the franchise inventory for IPL 13 that is the rate card this year, ranges between Rs 1 crore for the back of the helmet to Rs 7 crore for the front of the jersey.