Get ready for India’s biggest MMA event to date.
About Indian Fight Night (IFN)
The Indian Fight Night is an MMA tournament set to be held on April 17, 2021 at the Palzor Stadium, Gangtok, Sikkim. Armed with the affiliation of the Indian MMA Federation, the IFN is an attempt to not only encourage MMA participation in India, but also promote Sikkim as a premium business and holiday destination.
IFN is founded by Mr. Bishal Chettri, Mr. Sikkim 2019. The tournament will not only feature fighters from different parts of India, but also from Australia, Germany, Afghanistan and the United States, along with some high-profile guest appearances by various celebrities. Should this event be deemed a high-end success, more IFN events will be planned in different parts of the country.
Talking about the event, Mr. Chhetri said:
“The main objective behind bringing such a major international event to my home state is to promote MMA in Sikkim and motivate local youth to enter MMA sports professionally. My ultimate hope is to see our local youth participating in the UFC.
Such international level events with eminent personalities will also help to further promote Sikkim tourism. We will continuously work to promote Sikkim on the international map through such activities and motivate our youth towards healthy and sporting activities.”
Passang Lepcha, who hails from Tashiding and had won the champion’s belt in feather weight category at the 7th MMA championship held in Delhi in 2019, added:
“MMA is already in Sikkim having debuted here two years back. That said, it like other sports but has still not gained popularity in the State so such an event will definitely help pro-mote MMA among local youths.”
Confirmed Guests of Honor
- Prem Singh Tamang, the current Chief Minister of Sikkim and leader and founder of the Sikkim Krantikari Morcha. Prior to forming the party, he was a key member of the Sikkim Democratic Front Party.
- Dilip Singh Rana aka The Great Khali, professional wrestler, model and actor, famous for his time with the WWE. He is also set to be inducted into the 2021 WWE Hall of Fame.
- Sahil Khan, actor and fitness entrepreneur who has been the recipient of multiple awards from several prestigious bodies in Mumbai for his contribution towards raising awareness regarding physical health. His YouTube channel boasts over 2.7 million subscribers.
- Aditya Prateek Singh Sisodia aka Badshah, Indian rapper, singer, and a domestic household name known for his Hindi, Haryanvi, and Punjabi songs.
- Aastha Gill, Indian singer and songwriter.
- Olly Esse, deejay, record producer, fitness & lifestyle influencer. She is no stranger to the limelight, having performed across the globe. She is of the most eminent disc jockeys in Italy.
- Siddharth Kannan, radio jockey, host and presenter.