A professional tennis player has to be really hardworking and dedicated to his goals to reach the very top. If he/she is consistent in her efforts, then there is nothing that can stop them from getting what they deserve. The best players in the world get rewarded for the hard work they put in day in and day out. Some of them earn surprising amounts of money by winning tournaments and featuring in their respective sponsorship commercials. Let us take a look at the top 10 richest tennis players in 2020:
10. Caroline Wozniaki – As of 2020, Caroline’s net worth is around $40 Million, out of which $35.2 Million are earned by Tournament prize money. She has also been a part of many sponsorship deals, which include Adidas, Rolex, Mundipharma, Godiva Chocolatier, The Players Tribune, and Turkish Airlines. She has retired after the 2020 Australian Open last month.
9. Angelique Kerber – Former world no.1 and two-time grand slam winner Angelique’s net worth now is around $40 Million, out of which $29.2 Million are earned through tournament Prize money. She also has many sponsorship deals signed with Adidas, Yonex, Head and Shoulders Supreme, car manufacturers Porsche, Cosmetics brand Shiseido, luxury watchmaker Rolex and software company SAP.
8. Simona Halep – World no.2 Simona Halep, who played in her first professional tournament in 2008, now has a net worth of $40 Million. Out of which $36.5 Million are tournament prize money winnings. She also has sponsorship deals with Nike, Rexona, Mercedes Benz, Coca-Cola, and Hublot.
7. Venus Williams – 7-time Grand Slam champion Venus Williams has a total net worth of $95 Million, out of which $46.5 Million are from Prize money winnings alone from her long career, which started in 1994. She also has many endorsement deals with brands like Nike, Rexona, Mercedes Benz, Coca-Cola, and Hublot. She has her own clothing line called EleVen, runs an interior design firm, and owns a small stake in Miami Dolphins.
6. Maria Sharapova – Maria Sharapova has been a familiar name for many years in world tennis now as she has had an illustrious career so far. As of 2020, her net worth is a total of $135 Million. Her endorsements are a major part of her income, which is why she had been at the top of the Forbes richest Female athlete list from 2006-2016.
5. Andy Murray – The 3-time Grand Slam-winning Brit has a net worth of $165 Million, out of which $61.5 Million have been earned through Prize money winnings alone. He has also landed sponsorship deals with Adidas, Royal Bank of Scotland, Shiatzy Chen, Under Armor, and a host of others.
4. Rafael Nadal – The King of Clay, who has 20 Grand Slam titles to his name, has a net worth of $190 Million, out of which he has earned $121 Million from Prize money winnings. He also has huge contracts with brands like Nike, Tommy Hilfiger, Telefonica, and Kia Motors.
3. Serena Williams – Winner of a record 23 Grand Slam singles, Serena Williams has a net worth of $200 Million, out of which she has prize money winning of $93.5 Million. She also has many endorsements to her name from brands like Beats by Dre, IBM, Gatorade, Intel, Mini, Delta Airlines, Aston Martin, and a host of others.
2. Novak Djokovic – The 32-year-old has 17 Grand Slam titles to his name and, as a result, has a net worth of $220 Million, out of which $144 Million are prize money winnings. His endorsements include Mercedes Benz, Adidas, Uniqlo, Sergio Tacchini, Telekom Srbija, Bombardier Aerospace, etc.
1. Roger Federer – Undoubtedly, the greatest player of all time with 20 Grand Slam titles and a whopping 103 career titles, Roger Federer is the richest tennis player of 2020 with a net worth of $450 Million, out of which $130 Million are prize money winnings. He has an amazing number of sponsorships with brands like Mercedes, Uniqlo, Barilla, Rolex, Moet & Chandon, Credit Suisse, Wilson, and Sunrise.